Neato Vacuum – As smart as robotic vacuum cleaners get
Tired of vacuuming? What if you did not have to vacuum anymore? What if you could just set your vacuum and walk out the door and let your vacuum do the work while you had some fun? Well you can. The future is now for vacuum cleaners.
There are several models on the market of robotic vacuums but none better than the Neato vacuum. Robotic vacuums have been around for a little while but over the last decade or so that progress that these vacuums have made has been tremendous.
There are a few really good robotic vacuums on the market but the Neato brand has pulled out ahead from the pack because they really have amped up the technology behind the vacuum. Some major improvements that Neato offers that other robotic vacuums do not is:
- Smart scan
- Auto charge
- Cleans from room to room
- Daily cleaning can be scheduled
- Smart corner technology
Other robotic vacuums will move around the room bumping into furniture back up and bump into a wall. The Neato actually scans the room and moves in a manner that avoids any barriers to cleaning up. It has a set pattern of movement based on obstacles in the room.
The Neato has an auto charge feature, it will head back to its charging station when the battery is running low then resume activity once it is charged up.
You do not have to hand carry the Neato from room to room it moves on its own to the next room. You can also schedule daily cleaning times. Basically the Neato offers automatic cleaning that you do not have to worry about interfering with. You simply set up the program once and you are done. It is that simple.
The Neato gets into all the tight corners of your home where the dirt likes to hide. It will get your home immaculately clean. The shape is ideally designed so that it fits perfectly into every corner, cleans it and moves back out!
Set it up and forget about it with the Neato vacuum. This is the most methodical and efficient robotic vacuum on the market.
Neato Vacuum Cleaners: Put Your Feet Up While Your Vacuum Does the Work!
If you’ve been tempted by a robot vacuum cleaner but have been put off by the price or have held off because you were unsure whether the technology was up to scratch, you’ve done the right thing! Robot vacuum cleaners have improved exponentially since their initial release and the technology is now better than ever before. Today we’d like to feature the company who has been leading the charge in the robot vacuum revolution: Neato vacuums. What gives this company the cutting edge? What makes their vacuum cleaners the best on the market? And what do you need to take into account when shopping for one?
ABOUT THE NEATO VACUUM COMPANY
Neato started out as a small company who, at Stanford’s Annual Entrepreneur Challenge, hatched a dream of making intelligent household robots that can perform tasks as easily and as well as humans. Since then, they have achieved and surpassed this goal and specialize in making robot vacuum cleaners with cutting edge technology, strong reliable suction, affordable prices and just a little bit of personality! Read on to find out why a Neato robot should become the newest (and possibly best loved!) member of your family.
LEADING ROBOTIC ADVANCES: THE NEATO VACUUM TECHNOLOGY
Early robot vacuum cleaners had a few serious flaws that needed ironing out. They did not have the suction power of a regular vacuum. It was hard to program them to stay out of particular areas (falling down stairs was a problem!). They tended to bounce around the room in a random pattern, cleaning some areas repeatedly and others not at all. They ran out of batteries under beds or furniture and didn’t finish their programmed cleaning jobs. Fortunately, innovative companies like Neato Vacuum Cleaners are constantly looking for ways to make their technology smarter, more powerful and easier to use. They’ve come up with these fantastic solutions:
Wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, if you choose one of the Neato Wi-Fi connected models, you’ll be able to check up on what your vacuum is doing and program it to do an extra clean if needed. You simply connect it with your router, download the smart phone app and you’re ready to go!
LaserSmart Navigation and Mapping
While other robot vacuum cleaners simply bounce off walls and obstacles, cleaning wherever they end up, Neato vacuum cleaners employ LaserSmart navigation and mapping technology to “learn” your home and clean faster, smarter and more efficiently. It can even “see” objects and obstacles in real time and create a new cleaning path to avoid them.
SpinFlow Power Clean
Neato vacuums combine powerful cyclonic airflow with precision brushes to give you maximum suction and the most effective clean available from a robotic vacuum. Whether you have carpets, wood floors, vinyl, tiles or a bit of a mix, Neato will leave your floors immaculate every single day. Some models even have a Turbo mode for when your cleaning needs a little extra OOMPH!
Maximum Hair Pick-up
In some cases, bigger is better! The brushes on Neato vacuum cleaners are 50% larger than their leading competitor bots and will pick up more hair, more dust and more debris. If you have shedding pets in your home, you can choose a specialized pet hair model which will allow you to clean daily and really keep on top of messy pets.
Magnetic Barrier Markers
You can purchase a roll of magnetic strip barriers which is compatible with any Neato robot and will create virtual “walls” so that your robot knows where not to go. It will never fall down the stairs, upset the cat biscuits or wake up the baby!
Auto-Docking to Charge
With a Neato vacuum, you’ll never experience the frustration of returning home to find that only half the cleaning’s done and your robot is nowhere to be seen. Eventually you find it under the bed – completely out of batteries. Neato robots avoid this problem because, not only do they have powerful Lithium Ion batteries, they also know when they need to charge and conserve enough energy to return to the docking station when needed. They even automatically resume the cleaning job once they’re powered up.
Easy Programming for Daily Cleaning
One of the best things about having a bot is the frequency you can vacuum. Let’s be honest, who really has time to vacuum their floors every single day? Neato does! Because you can easily program it for daily cleaning, there will never be a big build-up of dirt, debris and dust. Your hard flooring and carpets will be cleaner than you’ve ever imagined and the daily vacuum that Neato does will just be maintenance. Far better than nagging your teenagers to do it!
STILL UNSURE WHETHER A ROBOT CAN FULFILL THE HEAVY DUTY CLEANING NEEDS OF YOUR HOME?
The unique “D” shape of Neato robots really does give it a leading edge over round shaped competitors such as the Roomba. The shape allows it to get into places where dirt likes to hide, such as the edges and corners of your room. In addition, the brush design and powerful suction promises to pick up more dust, debris and pet hair than every other bot on the market and be just as thorough as your canister or upright vacuum.
Once you’ve got your bot programmed and scheduled you’ll find that your carpets are cleaner than they’ve ever been – you’ll be vacuuming every day without lifting a finger. You may keep your old vacuum for occasional above floor cleaning or you might choose to invest in a smaller handheld for sprucing up the furniture when you need to.
WHICH NEATO VACUUM CLEANER IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Neato vacuums offer a full range of robotic vacuum cleaners and choosing the right one for your home comes down to the price you’d like to pay and the functions and features you need. Below, we’ve summarized some of the key features of Neato’s leading vacuum cleaner models to help you make an informed decision.
Neato BotVac Connected Wi-Fi Enabled Robot Vacuum
– Wi-Fi connected: program your vacuum from your smart phone and receive handy notifications, wherever you are.
– Extra-long lasting Lithium Ion battery.
– LaserSmart mapping technology for a smarter, faster and more thorough cleaning path.
– Eco or Turbo made: choose Eco for a quieter, more energy efficient clean or Turbo for more powerful suction.
– Automatically returns to dock when charge is low and resumes cleaning when charged.
– The auto docking means that you won’t return home to find that your vacuum has got “lost” somewhere in the house and run out of battery and only half the cleaning is done!
– The mapping technology ensures that it creates the best cleaning path for your home and cleans everywhere – not just spinning around in circles!
– When run in Eco mode, it’s so quiet that it can be busy vacuuming while the kids are sleeping or you’re watching TV in another room.
– Some customers report that it does not “see” reflective surfaces such as chrome, so may have trouble around furniture chairs or bar stools.
The vast majority of reviews for this product have been positive. Even people who were initially skeptical about how effective a robot vacuum cleaner could be were really impressed by the functions and power of this machine.
This Neato vacuum is right for you if:
This little robot is an excellent choice if you love having the latest gadgets and are smart phone savvy. Think: the mother in law calls to say she’s coming around at 6pm. You’re at the office and have a meeting that doesn’t finish till 5.30pm. Simply log onto the app and tell Neato to get to work. The floor will be sparkling clean and Neato will be tucked back into its dock long before you get home and your mother in law won’t be any the wiser! (Note: you may want to pick up take out on the way back – the technology hasn’t quite reached the stage where it can cook your dinner, YET!)
Neato XV Signature Pro Pet & Allergy Robot Vacuum
– 50% wider brush for maximum hair pick up.
– Powerful suction and precision brushes make for an effective clean on all floor types.
– High performance filters to capture harmful allergens and pollutants.
– Automatically returns to dock for charging and resumes cleaning when ready.
– A one year limited warranty means that you can buy with confidence.
– If you have messy pets, you can set it to vacuum every day and really stay on top of pet hair.
– It really is clever: you never have to hunt for it because it’s run out of batteries under a chair or bed. When it needs to charge it returns to the dock, powers up and gets back to work.
– It has an extra-large dust cup which cuts down on the work of emptying and cleaning.
– At around $400, these robot vacuum cleaners are far more affordable than some of their competitors.
– It does take a little while to ‘learn’ your house, so you need to run it a few times before it cleans to its full potential.
– Some buyers find it a little noisy. If this is an issue for you, then you might be better off with the BotVac model.
This Neato vacuum is right for you if:
If anyone in your home suffers from allergies or you have four legged friends who shed copious hair, then this is the right robot for you! It has all of the best features of other Neato vacuums, such as LaserSmart navigation and auto-docking, with added features designed especially for stubborn pet hair.
NEATO VACUUM PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
As well as the exciting range of Neato vacuum cleaners, there are also separate parts and accessories available for you to enhance and personalize your robot vacuum experience. These include:
– Neato combo brushes which combine rubber blades and soft bristles to clean both carpets and hard floors.
– Neato boundary marker magnetic strips to customize the areas your robot does and doesn’t go.
– Side brush accessories for precise edge dusting and cleaning.
– Replacement HEPA filters.
SIMPLE MAINTENANCE TIPS TO GET THE BEST OUT OF YOUR NEATO VACUUM CLEANER:
– Only use accessories that are designed for the Neato vacuum cleaner you own.
– Empty and clean dust cups after each use.
– Give it a full overnight charge before the first use.
– Make sure that you program it clean regularly – this way the job is never too large.
WHY THE TIME IS RIGHT TO PUT YOUR FEET UP AND LET NEATO VACUUM YOUR HOME:
You were right to wait a couple of years before splashing out on a robot vacuum cleaner. Earlier models simply didn’t have the suction power or the reliability to give your home a satisfying clean. You were just as likely to come home and find it stuck under a chair as you were to come home to a sparkling clean house! But the Neato Vacuum company has been working hard so that you don’t have to: they have now perfected robot vacuum technology so that you can have a perfectly clean home without lifting a finger!
Neato Robotic Vacuum: It’s time to leave the vacuum alone by using a robotic vac
If you’ve suffered from an injury and find it hard to lug the vacuum cleaner around your floor but still want a clean and hygienic home, then a robot vacuum could be the answer. Neato offers state of the art robot vacuum cleaners at affordable rates so that you can focus on the things that matter and let it focus on cleaning floors.
Neato has a number of robotic models on the market and they have received mixed reviews from customers. Their most highly rated model is the Neato Botvac D80 Robot Vacuum for Pets and Allergies. Today we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of this model.
This robot features a sleek attractive design which is D shaped to allow it to get into corners that round robots can’t. It also features Spinflow suction to pick up all dust a debris, including pet hair and clever navigation to map and “remember” your home.
- Pet owners are amazed at the amount of hair it picks up: no small thing considering how much work this can be with a regular vacuum.
- The LaserSmart technology maps your home so that the robot will “see” where it needs to go and develop a cleaning path, rather than just randomly bumping around like some models do.
- It automatically docks when it needs to charge and then resumes its cleaning cycle when it’s ready to go again.
- It’s so quiet and unobtrusive that it can be run at night without disturbing the household. You’ll wake up to spotless floors without having to lift a finger.
- Customers comment that it sometimes gets stuck in tight spots like under kitchen chairs and needs to be removed manually to restart its cycle. This should lessen over time as the robot builds a more accurate map of the house.
- It can struggle to change floor heights. For example, going from a Linoleum bathroom floor to a fluffy bath mat.
It’s probably not yet time to throw away your manual vacuum and leave it all to robots just yet. You’ll still want your large machine for above floor cleaning: walls, ceiling, upholstery and drapes. And also for occasional deep cleaning. The Neato robot offers you the convenience of regular maintenance cleaning with surprisingly powerful suction. This is just perfect for homes with furry inhabitants as it allows you to clean up hair daily so that it doesn’t build up and become a bigger job than it needs to be.