Our Top 10 Recommendations for Aquarium Vacuums
Up-to-date pricing and reviews for aquarium vacuums on the market
- 【3 in 1 Function】: ① Dirt Suction. Gravel Vacuum for Aquarium equipped with a duckbill suction inlet accessory, and it is easy to suck the feces away. ② Sand Washing. Aquarium siphon with 3D Filter Basket Net, protect your love fish and small gravel from suck out of the aquarium. ③ Water Changing. Built-in dual airbags, atmospheric cavity, good resilience, effortless operation.
- 【Working Principle】: hygger's unique patented design --- equipped with a handle type manual press, which has more operating space and saves labor and brings convenience, by testing the fastest speed is to press 7 times. Sand Washer has 2 thickened airbags inside, which can pump water quickly. And using PP ABS materials, resistance to extrusion, do not worry about airbag damage and leakage, can be used for a long time.
- 【Easy to Use】: Push the siphon switch of the aquarium siphon vacuum cleaner several times, and make sure that the inlet tube part is full of water, and then observe the outlet hose. After the water continuously flows out, you can stop push and observe whether it will automatically. If not, continue to operate until the water will flow out quickly and automatically. The sand can move up and down in the extension tube to remove debris from your aquarium.
- 【Accessories Include】:1 *Air-pressing control body; 2 *Extension Inlet Tube; 1 *Extension tube connector; 1 *User Manual; 1 *Duckbill suction inlet(Debris vacuum); 1 *Outlet hose(79inch PVC Hose),the water pipe can be cut according to demand; 1 *Water Flow Clamp(Flow Control),easily adjust water flow; 1 *Fixture clamp(Water pipe clamp), freely fix, free your hands.
- 【Wide Application】: Aquarium Vacuum Gravel Cleaner is suitable for various types of fish tanks, with spliced extension tubes, two-stage splicing combination, both large and small tanks are suitable, and extension tube can be installed according to demand.Four basic combinations(excluding handle length):2 tubes(31.4inch);2 tubes + head(34inch);1 tube(16inch);1 tube + head accessories(18inch).
- FUNCTION --- Easy to control, convenient to siphon fish faeces, impurities, turbid water out of fish tank.
- 5 Feet HOSE --- Made from clear & elastic plastic. Makes it more durable and anti-kinking. Harmless to fishes & No peculiar smell.
- GRAVEL TUBE --- Sinkable, with a detachable filter screen inside. Will not disturb fish or decor when it's working.
- SIPHON BALL --- All you need to do is to pinch it several times, water will flow out automatically. Without striking a blowing.
- WARRANTY --- For 3 months after the date of purchase, we take care of all quality-related issues with a FREE replacement or refund. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact our professional after-sale service.
- MULTIFUNCTION GRAVEL CLEANER: AQQA aquarium gravel cleaner is designed to clean up small gravel and change water of fish tank. It also can remove the dirt, residue from the bottom of aquarium. 5 in 1 functions with water changer + sand washer + debris cleaning + water filter + water shower. Should connect with different connector when working for different function, eliminating the need to purchase multiple tools separately
- ADJUSTABLE DESIGN: Equipped with an inlet tube and two extension tubes, can create a total length of 38.4 inches. The tube can be extended from 16.9 inches to 33.6 inches, so user can adjust the height according to fish tank size or the water level, which is suitable for tanks with different heights
- STRONG POWER: The 110V/20W powerful water pump motor can provide the maximum flow of 320GPH. Strong Power with Suction enough to change water, suck food debris & fish poop out of aquarium quickly. Suitable for both shallow and deep aquarium
- EFFECTIVE FILTERING: Clean gravel, siphon the fish excrement and other debris by the filter mesh bag, then the clean water will permeate from the bag and flow into tank, also can drain out water through outlet pipe.The cleaning head with inner mesh reduces suction and prevents water plants or small fish from being sucked up with water
- WHAT YOU GET: Aquarium Gravel Cleaning kit includes 2 sections of extension tubes,1 filter bag,1 outlet hose,1 sand washing head,1 brush head,1 sand vacuum,1 water intake strainer,1 duckbill suction inlet,1 shower head,1 power adapter. AQQA provide 12 Month Warranty and 24 Hour Professional After-sales Service. Please don't hesitate to contact us to get help.
- HAND-HELD DESING: Lightweight & convenient, well-formed shape & compact structure,with 2 inlet pipes (15.74 inch*2) , it's suitable for installing and operating fish tanks of different sizes. Tips: Fish tank cleaner is better for aquariums depth below 31.5 inches.
- PREVENT BLOCKING: Aquarium gravel cleaner can change water to keep water cleaner, with a filter basket in the tube, avoid blocking by gravel. Not only effectively separate and remove debris, but also protect your lovely fish or small gravel from suck out of the aquarium.
- EASY TO USE:Press the air button switch of the aquarium siphon cleaner to pump water , ensure that the inlet pipe is partially filled with water, then observe the outlet hose until the water automatically flows out quickly, last hold the aquarium gravel cleaner to clean up the place you want to.
- VARIETY OF ACCESSORIES: Soft hose, water flow clamp, glass scraper, hose clamp and anti-backflow valve design. Tips: Valve is already installed, not need to install it again.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT: We strive for satisfaction rating with all of our customers. If you are not satisfied with our aquarium gravel cleaner, please feel free to contact us and we will send you a replacement or give you a full refund.
- Makes routine water changes easier!
- Use up and down motion to start water flow
- Removes dirty water and vacuums out the debris in gravel
- 6 foot flexible hose with clip for attaching the drain hose to the inside of a bucket
- Includes: 6' flexible hose, self priming intake tube and hose clip
- Ideal for complete aquarium cleaning or quick spot maintenance
- Easily removes particles from topmost layer of substrate without disturbing the bottom layer of gravel
- Decreases the build-up of harmful toxins in your aquarium while reducing strain on your filter
- Eco-friendly products support aquatic life with a "green" approach
- This unit can be used in freshwater and saltwater aquariums with a water depth of up to approx. 28”
- Filtration Function Process – The gravel vacuum for aquarium filters the garbage present in the water by creating an aquarium siphon that sucks the waste out of the water into the bucket. The water changer for fish tank has a rigid hose attached to the filter for precise placement, allowing you to spot clean your gravel
- Fully Assembled Aquarium Cleaner - This fish tank cleaner comes pre-assembled and is hand operated. Place the hose of this aquarium gravel vacuum into a bucket and the filter into your aquarium. Turn the valve to control the water flow, start pumping to create a siphon and begin cleaning your tank
- Hassle-Free Hand Pumping Operation - The aquarium gravel vacuum is highly efficient in cleaning dung and fish waste. The hand pump of this aquarium cleaner is easy to operate. Just keep squeezing the pump until an aquarium siphon is created and the water starts flowing. This will start the water cleaning process swiftly. Minimize your electricity bill with our gravel vacuum for aquarium
- Convenient for All Tank Sizes – Our aquarium vacuum gravel cleaner kit is a ready-to-use system that enables efficient and quick water changing and tank substrates. You won't have to scoop out water or fish dung with your hands. Say goodbye to tank tear-downs. Whether you have a small or extra-large fish tank, this flexible aquarium cleaning kit works well with all types of fish tanks
- Keeps Fish and Other Water Creatures Safe - The minnow net in our aquarium gravel cleaner acts as a filter to prevent sucking the fish and other water creatures in the tank. You can clean your fish tank with this robust aquarium gravel cleaner at a fraction of the cost as other, making it great value for money
- 【New Upgraded Product】Aquarium gravel cleaner adopts a novel handle design (with a fixed valve), which reduces the output of manpower, saves time, and makes work more efficient.
- 【Multi-Function】The newly upgraded fish tank cleaner can be used for changing water in the fish tank, gravel cleaner, washing sand, etc. Help you clean the fish tank and give your underwater friends a clean living environment.
- 【Accessories Include】1* Air pressured control mechanism (with a fixed valve); 2*Lengthened Inlet pipe; 1* Extension pipe connector; 1* Water outlet hose (the water pipe can be cut off as needed); 2 *Water flow clamps(Easily adjust the water flow); 2*Fixture clamps (Water pipes clamp); 1*Glass scraper.
- 【Scope of Application】Aquarium gravel cleaner kit is suitable for aquariums of various sizes.Can be spliced and assembled according to need.Please note that the water outlet must lower at least 20 inches than the inlet when using.
- 【After-Sales Service】We strive to provide the best satisfaction for all of our customers. If you are not satisfied with our aquarium gravel cleaner, please feel will free to contact us, and we will send you a replacement or give you a full refund.
- 🐠【Sand Washing and Droppings Cleaning】This aquarium gravel cleaner is automatic electric operation which saves time and effort than manual operation. It is your ideal choice. The fish tank siphon can be used to remove any uneaten food, detritus and droppings that are trapped in the gravel which can be fatal to aquarium inhabitants if not removed. The power cord of this vacuum cleaner is 197 inchs long and the hose is 81.5 inchs long, which greatly increases your convenience.
- 🐠【Electric Working Principle】The greater suction power of the all-copper motor in this aquarium gravel cleaner which is used with impeller supercharging technology. Please remember you need to completely submerge the motor in the water first, then press and hold the start button, the impeller starts to perform a powerful work for your fish tank. If your fish tank is relatively small, when the motor is turned on, you can also take out the submerged motor from water to work.
- 🐠【Filtering and Water Changing Function】Using the filter housing of this gravel vacuum for aquarium , you can drain clean water directly back to the water tank. The filter material can be cleaned and used multiple times, or it can be replaced with other filter materials. Using a water pipe, water flows directly from the water tank. You can also replace and add water. It is safe to use, equipped with an external independent switch, the adapter is DC 24V, and the power supply is UL certified.
- 🐠【Easy to Assemble and Use】Multifunctional fish tank cleaner, which can be disassembled and assembled freely to meet your different needs. The upgraded part is equipped with a handle, which has more operating space and saves labor and brings convenience. The silent design allows you to clean without affecting the fun of the fish. The control tube can be assembled freely, and the main body is 33 inches long, which is suitable for various sizes of fish tanks.
- 🐠【Wide Application】Aquarium Vacuum Gravel Cleaner is suitable for various types of fish tanks, with spliced extension tubes, two-stage splicing combination, both large and small tanks are suitable, and extension tube can be installed according to demand. It can be widely used in aquariums, fish tanks, aquatic markets and small fish ponds. Original quality, professional manufacturer. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!
- EASY TO USE- Installed gravel cleaner,please keep the water level between the MAX and MIN,then strat switch.When the outlet can draw water,raise the gravel cleaner,let the head and outlet above the water.
MULTIPURPOSE- The cleaner can install the battery and use by the adaptor directly.(the package contain the connector:3V 2A） Freely adjust the different lengths:62cm/73cm/100cm, suitable for both shallow and deep aquarium
CLEANING FUNCTION- Can clean gravel, siphon the fish excreta and other dirt out effectively without requiring a water change.
PLEASE NOTE- Ideal for complete aquarium cleaning or quick spot maintenance and actually continuous work within 20 minutes
FEATURE AND ACCESSORIES- High safety performance，only need 2 size C type alkaline battery(not included）.The blue hose length:70 cm;diameter:1 cm.Accessories :Siphon Water Siphon Asin: B077HS6YPS ;The Filter Bag Asin: B07B48GZ23
Use an Aquarium Vacuum and Keep your fish happy and healthy
If you have an aquarium at your place, you need to take the necessary measures in order to clean and maintain it. In other words, you need to remove the build-up of debris and waste along with uneaten fish food from your aquarium on a regular basis. This will help you to keep your fish happy and healthy. In order to keep your aquarium clean with minimum hassle, you need to invest your money on a high-quality aquarium vacuum.
What exactly is an aquarium vacuum? Aquarium vacuum is the most common tool that is being used by people who own aquariums in order to siphon waste from the tank. It can also be used to remove unclean water from the tank during a water change. Aquarium vacuum tools consist of a plastic siphon that is attached to an airline tube. In order to use this tool, you need to submerge it in water and create a suction, which will pull water from the tank. The pulled water will feed through the tube and you can collect it into a bucket.
An aquarium vacuum can easily be purchased from the market at a reasonable price. They are available in most of the online pet stores out there. Out of the available gavel vacuum tools, many contain a plastic head, which is attached to a plastic hose. These heads differ in their size and shape and you will be able to purchase from cylindrical shapes to the ones that have an attachment near the base, which enhances the surface area. You can even find aquarium vacuums that come along with faucet attachments. They can be used to remove unclean water directly from your tank.
You don’t need to go through much hassle when cleaning your aquarium with an aquarium vacuum. You need to operate it by stirring the gravel that can be found inside your aquarium. This can be done with the help of a moving water pillar. The stirring process will cause loosen the debris that has been caught within the gravel. A siphon will cater to the power requirements of aquarium vacuum throughout this process. It will also gather all the debris that will float inside the water as it is removed from gravel. As you can see, it is extremely easy to use an aquarium vacuum to clean your aquarium and you don’t need to seek any professional assistance. All the other operating instructions will come along with the package and you just need to follow them. Moreover, you can find some excellent videos on YouTube that will show you how to use your aquarium vacuum.
Using an aquarium vacuum can be considered as the best, the cheapest and most convenient option available out there for people to keep the water inside their aquariums clean. It will help them to make the fish feel good and healthy as well.
How to properly clean your aquarium using a gravel vacuum
You have a gravel aquarium and have probably begun to notice the change in the water color of your fish tank. This is when you actually realize you need to be cleaning your aquarium to maintain a healthy environment for your fish. You have heard other people talk of using a gravel vacuum to clean their gravel aquarium, but then you don’t know what it is or nor how to properly use one. In this article, we are going to explain what a gravel vacuum is as well as how to properly use it to clean your gravel aquarium.
Gravel vacuum – what is it?
A gravel vacuum is just an equipment meant for cleaning of a gravel aquarium. Generally, a gravel vacuum is a 2” diameter tube, which you can attach to one end of a siphon tube that allows for cleaning of the debris from your aquarium gravel.
How to properly clean your gravel aquarium with gravel vacuum
For starters, the gravel vacuum functions by stirring the gravel inside the aquarium in a pillar of moving water to loosen the debris caught in the gravel. A siphon usually supplies the power to that operates the gravel vacuum. This same siphon will also gather off all the debris, which the gravel vacuum removes. So, to get the gravel vacuum working, you have to, first of all, start the siphon in the tube.
As soon as you have started the siphon, put the end of the gravel vacuum into the aquarium gravel. Then, use your thumb to block the bucket end of the siphon, while carefully sliding the vacuum end of the aquarium gravel vacuum right into the gravel. Make sure not to move the vacuum about and try to maintain a straight moving line with the tube.
Once you have the end of the gravel vacuum as far deep as it can go, remove your thumb from the siphon bucket end. At this moment, water will begin to flow from the tube and the gravel within the tube will be shaking as well, followed by debris going down the siphon into the bucket.
As soon as you notice the water flowing from the gravel is clear, place your thumb again over the bucket end of the siphon. This stops the water flow and allows the gravel to settle. Now, gradually remove the vacuum from the gravel. Remember to keep your motion as straight as you can, as shaking the gravel vacuum might just release the debris inside the gravel back into the aquarium water.
Once you have done that, move the gravel vacuum to an adjacent position, re-insert it and repeat the above process again. Don’t forget not to shake the gravel vacuum as you re-insert it back into the aquarium water.
Keep repeating this process at least until you have cleaned one-fourth or one-third of the gravel. Remember to stop when your bucket is filled up so that you can empty it before proceeding with the cleaning process.
More so, it’s better to deep the gravel vacuum as far as it can go, and do not alter the position until you have cleaned all the debris out of that particular section before moving to another section. This will ensure you get the utmost results from your aquarium cleaning process.
Different types of gravel vacuums exist for varying situations. This ranges from very long gravel vacuums (for deep aquariums) to small vacuums (for hard-to-reach places).
Aquarium Gravel Vacuum: Why it’s critical to maintaining a healthy environment for your fish.
Aquarium gravel vacuum has been around for a long time and it is one of the most important equipment used by technicians to clean our aquarium. Most of the time however, the aquarium gravel vacuum is very much underused. Making use of the gravel vacuum the proper way is very critical to maintaining a healthy environment for your fishes.
Why is Aquarium Gravel Vacuum so Important?
Each time technicians clean aquariums, they make use of aquarium gravel vacuum on the sand deposited at the bottom of the aquarium or on the gravel. This process of vacuuming an aquarium is very detailed and takes a lot of time to get the aquarium vacuumed properly. However, this gravel vacuum allows for getting the most unthinkable pollutants out of the aquarium. This truly is a great step with a view to maintaining the most healthy environment for your fishes.
What actually does the aquarium gravel vacuum remove from the tank?
Most of the time what the gravel vacuum removes is detritus – fish waste. The aquarium gravel vacuum is used to pull out detritus from the sand bed of the aquarium. Although some would argue it’s good to keep it in the tank probably for other natural processes, but that’s very detrimental to the health of the fishes. A clean vacuum, among other things ensures your fish does not die off. It makes the environment of your fish tank very clean, thereby leaving the water pristine. The cleaner your fish tank is, the healthier and happier your fishes are, because the pollutants that once polluted the water have been taken out.
Aquarium gravel vacuum ought to be used to suck up detritus that might be laying on the surface of the sand bed or gravel. Do not deep the gravel vacuum into the gravel or sand bed if your fish tank does not make use of UG filter as doing that will mean pulling out essentials organisms needed by your fish as well as disturbing the anaerobic layer. Get someone to properly demonstrate how you should use your gravel aquarium after purchase.
Generally, there are three types of aquarium gravel vacuums available – water powered vacuum, standard vacuum, and the filter vacuum. Standard aquarium vacuums are probably the cheapest aquarium vacuum you will find on Amazon. However, sometimes, they are quite difficult to use – you have to press a rubber ball or do some other thing to get the vacuum working properly. In addition, you will always need a bucket for the water you draw out of the aquarium. The water-powered gravel vacuum, though more expensive, is more convenient. One end of the vacuum attaches to the sink faucet while the vacuum tube itself is placed on your tank. The filter aquarium vacuum is generally battery-powered. The filter typically puts back the water into your fish tank while retaining the debris.
All these types of aquarium gravel vacuums are very much available on the Amazon marketplace. Regardless of the one you finally choose to purchase, the important thing is that you will be improving the health of your fishes by keeping their environment clean.
4 things to know before purchasing a fish tank vacuum.
If you have a fish tank and have probably decided that you need a fish tank vacuum to keep your tank clean, you have made the right choice! Vacuuming is a good thing and helps in keeping your fish environment clean, thereby promoting a healthier environment for your fishes. However, before you purchase your fish tank vacuum, there is certain basic maintenance for your aquarium that goes side by side with vacuuming that you need to know first. Your ultimate goal is for your fishes to survive and keep looking healthy.
If you purchase a fish tank vacuum and do only vacuuming without incorporating other cleaning methods, your fishes might not survive eventually. In addition, you might need to purchase other fish tank maintenance equipment along with the fish tank vacuum. Below is a list of certain maintenance procedure for your aquarium you need to know before purchasing your fish tank vacuum.
Testing of your aquarium water
As soon as you have your fish tank fully established, you need to test the pH of the water in your fish tank every number of days. You will need an examination kit for this. Include it in your to-by list alongside the fish tank vacuum. Make sure to check the water pH every week for the initial few months – two months is okay.
After those two months, unless you notice certain abnormal behavior from your fish, you can now begin checking the water only once every month. Ask your local fish shop the right pH balance for your aquarium.
Changing your aquarium water
You need to change about 20 percent of your fish tank’s water at least once a week. The best way to do this is using a pipe to remove the water. You will need a good fish tank tubing to carry this out. Put one end of the hose into the fish tank, and then suck on the other end of the hose, placing the hose lower. This should get the water gushing out, so make sure you have a bucket to take the water.
Let the water from the fish tank flow into the bucket until you have removed about 20 percent of water from the aquarium. You can then add new water. Don’t forget to also include the water removal hose alongside the fish tank vacuum in the to-buy list for your aquarium.
Changing of Aquarium Filter
Many aquarium filter systems are available in the market today. Each comes with certain instructions about usage. You just have to read the guidelines and follow suit. Included in the guidelines is when to switch your filter off. It can be every 3 – 4 weeks for filters that can be used only once.
When it comes to keeping your fish tank clean, nothing is as bad as noticing algae that are creeping up along the edges of your fish tank. To take care of that, you will need algae scraping tools and other available tools for removing the algae totally from your fish tank. Add it to your to-buy list for your aquarium along with the fish tank vacuum and others.
Now, you see why it’s important to know all the tools you will be needing for your fish tank maintenance before going to purchase the fish tank vacuum? Purchasing the fish tank vacuum without other maintenance tools will certainly not lead to effective cleaning of your fish tank.
However, note that different type of fish tank vacuum exists for the different type of aquariums. You can get all these tools together with the fish tank vacuum at a good price on Amazon or on our store.