Our Top 10 Recommendations for Aquarium Vacuums
Up-to-date pricing and reviews for aquarium vacuums on the market
- Model: TRFTCLN has a Large suction tube allows for use in bigger Aquariums ( 10 Gallons or Greater )
- Discharge Hose Clip Included (2019 Updated) Simply Attach the Discharge Hose Clip to your container / Prevents hose from falling off container
- Two Types of Nozzles: Shorter Nozzle is for Drainage & The Longer Nozzle is for Cleaning Fish Leftover Food, Droppings and Fine Gravel / Takes the Waste out while Replacing the Water; Will not Hurt any Aquarium Life when in use
- Suction Cub: Securely keeps the suction tube in place allowing the pump to operated with one hand
- Filter will keeps Large Gravel from entering pump to prevent blockage while operating ( 1.5 Gallons per Minute )
- Put rigid tube in fishtank and squeeze bulb to create a syphon. Place other end of tubing in bucket
- Siphon water changer has hand pump, starter stopper valve, long hose with filter attachment.
- Water-transferring siphons use on medium, large, extra large gallon tanks 20 55 gal.
- Our BPA Free kit includes a minnow net so you can move your fish for easy cleaning.
- Total length is 8 feet. Outer diameter of hose is 3/4'' Inner diameter is 5/8'' Water flows quickly
- Ideal for complete aquarium cleaning or quick spot maintenance
- Easily removes particles from topmost layer of substrate without disturbing the bottom layer of gravel
- Decreases the build-up of harmful toxins in your aquarium while reducing strain on your filter
- Eco-friendly products support aquatic life with a "green" approach
- This unit can be used in freshwater and saltwater aquariums with a water depth of up to approx. 28”
- CLEANING FUNCTION: Our sand algae cleaner have four spliced rigid tubes, which can be extended to 11.4 inch to 40.5 inch according to tank. With brush heads, each corner of the fish tank can be cleaned. Aquarium gravel cleaner can also be used with the duckbill suction port to suck dirt from the corner of the fish tank, and the dung can be easily sucked away.
- WATER CHANGE FUNCTION: 9.85ft super high head, and the water changer pump can provide a strong flow of up to 396GPH, the power of sand washer is sufficient to quickly change the water, saving half the time compared to manual. The starting water level can be as low as 2in, no water accumulation, and pumping as low as 0.3in.
- FILTRATION FUNCTION: The filter housing can filter the garbage in the water and make the clean water return to the tank. The fish tank can be filtered without changing water, such as washing sand, and the dirt is directly passed through the filter box. Filter sponge can be repeatedly cleaned and reused, and can be replaced with other filter media.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDE: functional accessories include 45 ° corner suction inlet（Sand washing head）, duckbill suction inlet(Debris vacuum), brush head, gravel washer(sand vacuum), 360 ° water intake strainer, filter housing; other accessories include: 12V adapter ×1, independent switch ×1, water pump motor ×1, extension tube ×4, small connector ×1, Three-way valve ×1, handle ×1, wire slot ×4, outlet ×1, 2m water pipe ×1. 1x improved manual (with detailed use steps)
- 5 IN 1 MULTI-FUNCTION PUMP: Electric fish tank vacuum cleaner has high-density new plastic, detachable design, wear-resistant, lightweight, anti-fall. The adapter is DC 12V, and the power supply has passed UL certification that is more safe to use. Safe and independent switch control, easy to operate, no longer need to worry about unplugging the socket with wet hands.
- AIR-PRESSING AND WATER FLOW CONTROLLER: This Air-pressing Button has strong suction, can allow one-hand operation even as a child. The water flow clamp can help you optimize the water flow and fix the pipe. When you want to clean and drainage water, first connect the inlet and outlet pipe, then press the Air-pressing Button to create a siphon until water comes into the bucket automatically.
- 5 IN 1 MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Water changing, sand washing, and excrement absorbing, raking sand, scraping algae. No immersing your hands in the aquarium water, No spilling water on the ground, minimum water disturbance. Plastic scraper assembly which may be attached to the cleaner for removing deposits to accumulate upon the interior surface of an aquarium, won't scratch your precious glass tanks
- EXTENSION WATER INLET & OUTLET TUBES: This Aquarium cleaner tool kit has 2 inlet tubes (2*15.75in), which can be extended and combined together. It must work with a various fish tank. The 6-foot flexible hose with clip can be attached on the bucket to prevent water from splashing.
- FISH PROTECTOR: The fish tank gravel cleaner includes a filter basket net which prevents aquarium gravel from jamming the check valve assembly and smaller fish from being sucked into the apparatus
- EASY TO USE: Easy operation, easy to install, Do not need to energize when changing water, this siphon will work as long as the drainage bucket is lower than the tank, fitting different-sized fish tank. Please note that the water outlet must lower at least 20 inch than the inlet when using.
- Easy to use - no buckets or hoses required
- Extends intervals between water changes
- Fully submersible up to 3 feet
- Battery operated
- Ideal for complete aquarium cleaning or quick spot maintenance
- SPECIAL DESIGN: With well-formed shape, compact structure with 2pcs water inlet tubes(15.75in*2), it is easy to install and operate. fitting different-sized fish tank.
- EASY TO USE: just press the air-pressing button to pump water out, Equipped with flow adjuster,easy to install and operate.Aquarium Gravel Cleaner is perfect for cleaning up your aquarium.
- PREVENT BLOCKING: aquarium gravel filter cleaner can replace the water and keep water fresh,with filter basket in the tube, effectively avoiding blocking by gravel.It’s effectively separates and removes debris from your aquarium.
- EQUIPPED WITH MANY ACCESSORIEC: Air-pressing button, Valve, Glass scraper(Clean up algae and stains on the fish tank),Inlet Pipe,Outlet pipe,Water Flow Clamp and anti-backflow valve design.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT: We strive to provide the best satisfaction for all our customers. If you are not satisfied with our aquarium gravel cleaner, please feel free to contact us and we will send you a replacement or give you a full refund.
- Ideal for complete cleaning without changing water.
- Extendable tube make it easiler to use in different size of tank.
- A strong pump easily removes particles from topmost layer of substrate without disturbing the bottom layer of gravel
- It decreases the harmful toxins in your tank while reducing strain to your filter.
- With the pump installed in the front allows you to clean your tank in low water level.
- Application: This aquarium electric gravel sand washer is suitable for daily fish tank cleaning or water change maintenance，Suit for freshwater and seawater. Easy To Install And Use
- Cleaning mode: sand washing mode and suction mode, this sand washing device can effectively clean the sand at the bottom of the fish tank or suck away the excess dirt at the bottom of the fish tank.
- Water change mode: When using the water change mode, please install the water pipe at the package to easily change the water.
- Power is 6W, powerful water pump motor can provide the maximum flow of 92 GPH. Suction enough to change water, suck food debris & fish poop out of aquarium quickly. Save your time and reduce fatigue.
- With Flexible Structure: You Can Adjust The Flexible Hose To Appropriate Length According To Depth Of Your Aquarium to suit for both shallow and deep aquarium,water low level can reach 1.97In - 3.94In.it is also equip with soft water hose, it is more easy to empoty the water out or add water.
- 🐳【6 IN 1 Version Multifunction Gravel Cleaner】Quick water change and easy gravel cleaning with Boxtech Electric Gravel Cleaner Kit with Water Changer+Sand Washer+Debris Cleaning+Water Filter+Water Shower+Water Flow 6 in 1 functions. Hmax can up to 118 inch.
- 🐳【Strong Power, with Suction】Power is 28W, powerful water pump motor can provide the maximum flow of 256 GPH. Suction enough to change water, suck food debris & fish poop out of aquarium quickly. Save your time and reduce fatigue. Also can be used for Absorb Dirt, Change Water, Wash Sand, Suck The Stool, Feed The Coral Fish, And Feed The Medicine, Increase Oxygen, Filter And So On.
- 🐳【Safe & Durable】Only using DC12 Voltage power with UL certificated, Also can provide the maximum flow of 265 GPH. Multi-page rotor spiral core, energy saving and preventing jamming, make sure it is safe to use for our customers and your love fish.
- 🐳【With Flexible Structure】You Can Adjust The Flexible Hose To Appropriate Length According To Depth Of Your Aquarium to suit for both shallow and deep aquarium,water low level can reach 1.97In - 3.94In.it is also equip with soft water hose,it is more easy to empoty the water out or add water.
- 🐳【Easy to Install】Please power on only after put the gravel vacuum into aquarium water. If you power on out of water, it would suck into air and would stop working. By the way, the tube is can extend between 13.39In- 27.56In. Suitable for fish and turtle tank, freshwater and saltwater.
Use an Aquarium Vacuum and Keep your fish happy and healthy
If you have an aquarium at your place, you need to take the necessary measures in order to clean and maintain it. In other words, you need to remove the build-up of debris and waste along with uneaten fish food from your aquarium on a regular basis. This will help you to keep your fish happy and healthy. In order to keep your aquarium clean with minimum hassle, you need to invest your money on a high-quality aquarium vacuum.
What exactly is an aquarium vacuum? Aquarium vacuum is the most common tool that is being used by people who own aquariums in order to siphon waste from the tank. It can also be used to remove unclean water from the tank during a water change. Aquarium vacuum tools consist of a plastic siphon that is attached to an airline tube. In order to use this tool, you need to submerge it in water and create a suction, which will pull water from the tank. The pulled water will feed through the tube and you can collect it into a bucket.
An aquarium vacuum can easily be purchased from the market at a reasonable price. They are available in most of the online pet stores out there. Out of the available gavel vacuum tools, many contain a plastic head, which is attached to a plastic hose. These heads differ in their size and shape and you will be able to purchase from cylindrical shapes to the ones that have an attachment near the base, which enhances the surface area. You can even find aquarium vacuums that come along with faucet attachments. They can be used to remove unclean water directly from your tank.
You don’t need to go through much hassle when cleaning your aquarium with an aquarium vacuum. You need to operate it by stirring the gravel that can be found inside your aquarium. This can be done with the help of a moving water pillar. The stirring process will cause loosen the debris that has been caught within the gravel. A siphon will cater to the power requirements of aquarium vacuum throughout this process. It will also gather all the debris that will float inside the water as it is removed from gravel. As you can see, it is extremely easy to use an aquarium vacuum to clean your aquarium and you don’t need to seek any professional assistance. All the other operating instructions will come along with the package and you just need to follow them. Moreover, you can find some excellent videos on YouTube that will show you how to use your aquarium vacuum.
Using an aquarium vacuum can be considered as the best, the cheapest and most convenient option available out there for people to keep the water inside their aquariums clean. It will help them to make the fish feel good and healthy as well.
How to properly clean your aquarium using a gravel vacuum
You have a gravel aquarium and have probably begun to notice the change in the water color of your fish tank. This is when you actually realize you need to be cleaning your aquarium to maintain a healthy environment for your fish. You have heard other people talk of using a gravel vacuum to clean their gravel aquarium, but then you don’t know what it is or nor how to properly use one. In this article, we are going to explain what a gravel vacuum is as well as how to properly use it to clean your gravel aquarium.
Gravel vacuum – what is it?
A gravel vacuum is just an equipment meant for cleaning of a gravel aquarium. Generally, a gravel vacuum is a 2” diameter tube, which you can attach to one end of a siphon tube that allows for cleaning of the debris from your aquarium gravel.
How to properly clean your gravel aquarium with gravel vacuum
For starters, the gravel vacuum functions by stirring the gravel inside the aquarium in a pillar of moving water to loosen the debris caught in the gravel. A siphon usually supplies the power to that operates the gravel vacuum. This same siphon will also gather off all the debris, which the gravel vacuum removes. So, to get the gravel vacuum working, you have to, first of all, start the siphon in the tube.
As soon as you have started the siphon, put the end of the gravel vacuum into the aquarium gravel. Then, use your thumb to block the bucket end of the siphon, while carefully sliding the vacuum end of the aquarium gravel vacuum right into the gravel. Make sure not to move the vacuum about and try to maintain a straight moving line with the tube.
Once you have the end of the gravel vacuum as far deep as it can go, remove your thumb from the siphon bucket end. At this moment, water will begin to flow from the tube and the gravel within the tube will be shaking as well, followed by debris going down the siphon into the bucket.
As soon as you notice the water flowing from the gravel is clear, place your thumb again over the bucket end of the siphon. This stops the water flow and allows the gravel to settle. Now, gradually remove the vacuum from the gravel. Remember to keep your motion as straight as you can, as shaking the gravel vacuum might just release the debris inside the gravel back into the aquarium water.
Once you have done that, move the gravel vacuum to an adjacent position, re-insert it and repeat the above process again. Don’t forget not to shake the gravel vacuum as you re-insert it back into the aquarium water.
Keep repeating this process at least until you have cleaned one-fourth or one-third of the gravel. Remember to stop when your bucket is filled up so that you can empty it before proceeding with the cleaning process.
More so, it’s better to deep the gravel vacuum as far as it can go, and do not alter the position until you have cleaned all the debris out of that particular section before moving to another section. This will ensure you get the utmost results from your aquarium cleaning process.
Different types of gravel vacuums exist for varying situations. This ranges from very long gravel vacuums (for deep aquariums) to small vacuums (for hard-to-reach places).
Aquarium Gravel Vacuum: Why it’s critical to maintaining a healthy environment for your fish.
Aquarium gravel vacuum has been around for a long time and it is one of the most important equipment used by technicians to clean our aquarium. Most of the time however, the aquarium gravel vacuum is very much underused. Making use of the gravel vacuum the proper way is very critical to maintaining a healthy environment for your fishes.
Why is Aquarium Gravel Vacuum so Important?
Each time technicians clean aquariums, they make use of aquarium gravel vacuum on the sand deposited at the bottom of the aquarium or on the gravel. This process of vacuuming an aquarium is very detailed and takes a lot of time to get the aquarium vacuumed properly. However, this gravel vacuum allows for getting the most unthinkable pollutants out of the aquarium. This truly is a great step with a view to maintaining the most healthy environment for your fishes.
What actually does the aquarium gravel vacuum remove from the tank?
Most of the time what the gravel vacuum removes is detritus – fish waste. The aquarium gravel vacuum is used to pull out detritus from the sand bed of the aquarium. Although some would argue it’s good to keep it in the tank probably for other natural processes, but that’s very detrimental to the health of the fishes. A clean vacuum, among other things ensures your fish does not die off. It makes the environment of your fish tank very clean, thereby leaving the water pristine. The cleaner your fish tank is, the healthier and happier your fishes are, because the pollutants that once polluted the water have been taken out.
Aquarium gravel vacuum ought to be used to suck up detritus that might be laying on the surface of the sand bed or gravel. Do not deep the gravel vacuum into the gravel or sand bed if your fish tank does not make use of UG filter as doing that will mean pulling out essentials organisms needed by your fish as well as disturbing the anaerobic layer. Get someone to properly demonstrate how you should use your gravel aquarium after purchase.
Generally, there are three types of aquarium gravel vacuums available – water powered vacuum, standard vacuum, and the filter vacuum. Standard aquarium vacuums are probably the cheapest aquarium vacuum you will find on Amazon. However, sometimes, they are quite difficult to use – you have to press a rubber ball or do some other thing to get the vacuum working properly. In addition, you will always need a bucket for the water you draw out of the aquarium. The water-powered gravel vacuum, though more expensive, is more convenient. One end of the vacuum attaches to the sink faucet while the vacuum tube itself is placed on your tank. The filter aquarium vacuum is generally battery-powered. The filter typically puts back the water into your fish tank while retaining the debris.
All these types of aquarium gravel vacuums are very much available on the Amazon marketplace. Regardless of the one you finally choose to purchase, the important thing is that you will be improving the health of your fishes by keeping their environment clean.
4 things to know before purchasing a fish tank vacuum.
If you have a fish tank and have probably decided that you need a fish tank vacuum to keep your tank clean, you have made the right choice! Vacuuming is a good thing and helps in keeping your fish environment clean, thereby promoting a healthier environment for your fishes. However, before you purchase your fish tank vacuum, there is certain basic maintenance for your aquarium that goes side by side with vacuuming that you need to know first. Your ultimate goal is for your fishes to survive and keep looking healthy.
If you purchase a fish tank vacuum and do only vacuuming without incorporating other cleaning methods, your fishes might not survive eventually. In addition, you might need to purchase other fish tank maintenance equipment along with the fish tank vacuum. Below is a list of certain maintenance procedure for your aquarium you need to know before purchasing your fish tank vacuum.
Testing of your aquarium water
As soon as you have your fish tank fully established, you need to test the pH of the water in your fish tank every number of days. You will need an examination kit for this. Include it in your to-by list alongside the fish tank vacuum. Make sure to check the water pH every week for the initial few months – two months is okay.
After those two months, unless you notice certain abnormal behavior from your fish, you can now begin checking the water only once every month. Ask your local fish shop the right pH balance for your aquarium.
Changing your aquarium water
You need to change about 20 percent of your fish tank’s water at least once a week. The best way to do this is using a pipe to remove the water. You will need a good fish tank tubing to carry this out. Put one end of the hose into the fish tank, and then suck on the other end of the hose, placing the hose lower. This should get the water gushing out, so make sure you have a bucket to take the water.
Let the water from the fish tank flow into the bucket until you have removed about 20 percent of water from the aquarium. You can then add new water. Don’t forget to also include the water removal hose alongside the fish tank vacuum in the to-buy list for your aquarium.
Changing of Aquarium Filter
Many aquarium filter systems are available in the market today. Each comes with certain instructions about usage. You just have to read the guidelines and follow suit. Included in the guidelines is when to switch your filter off. It can be every 3 – 4 weeks for filters that can be used only once.
When it comes to keeping your fish tank clean, nothing is as bad as noticing algae that are creeping up along the edges of your fish tank. To take care of that, you will need algae scraping tools and other available tools for removing the algae totally from your fish tank. Add it to your to-buy list for your aquarium along with the fish tank vacuum and others.
Now, you see why it’s important to know all the tools you will be needing for your fish tank maintenance before going to purchase the fish tank vacuum? Purchasing the fish tank vacuum without other maintenance tools will certainly not lead to effective cleaning of your fish tank.
However, note that different type of fish tank vacuum exists for the different type of aquariums. You can get all these tools together with the fish tank vacuum at a good price on Amazon or on our store.