Our Top 10 Recommendations for Upright Vacuums
Up-to-date pricing and reviews for upright vacuums on the market
When it comes to deep cleaning action, you can trust that the best upright vacuum will do the job perfectly well. But, with so many available in the market, choosing one can be a daunting task.
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell donates up to 10 dollars to the Bissell pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon activation
- Powerful pet hair pick up with triple action brush roll + scatter free technology
- Swivel steering to easily maneuver around furniture and other obstacles
- Clean edges and corners with edge to edge cleaning. Cleaning path width: 13.5 inch
- Remove pet hair with specialized pet tools including pet hair corner tool and pet tool
- Shark APEX: featuring DuoClean, Powered Lift-Away, and self-cleaning brushroll technologies.
- DuoClean Technology: Dual brushroll system deep-cleans carpets and directly engages floors for a polished look.
- Self-Cleaning Brushroll Technology: The vacuum that deep-cleans now cleans itself. The self-cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair removal.
- Powered-Lift Away: the pod detaches to extend the reach of the cleaner head, including under furniture.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology: with a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner.
- Quick release handle for effortless above floor cleaning. Attach the crevice tool or dusting brush to the end of the handle for cleaning upholstery, windows and other hard to reach places
- Powerful all floor suction extracts dirt and hair from hard floors and carpets ease. It’s 10.5” wide cleaning path gets the job done quickly
- Lightweight at only 7.7 pounds with its compact and featherweight design this vacuum can store in any space in your home and be carried anywhere
- Contains one washable filter which can be rinsed and left to dry for no maintenance costs
- Includes a crevice tool and dusting brush which snaps on the vacuum and are within reach at any time during cleaning
- Dust cup capacity 2.2 quarts; Lift away; Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology plus a HEPA filter; Traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Powerful and lightweight; Portable and versatile at 13.7 pounds
- Brush roll shutoff; Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning
- Hard floor hero attachment not included
- HASSLE-FREE CORD REWIND: 25 feet power cord automatically retracts in seconds so you never have to wrap a cord again
- DEEP CLEANING POWER: WindTunnel 2 Technology creates 2 channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deep-down embedded dirt
- OPTIMIZED CLEANING: The multi-floor brush roll allows you to turn the brush roll on for optimal cleaning on carpets and off to prevent scattering of debris on hard floors
- EXTENDED CLEANING REACH: With up to 16 feet of cleaning reach, so you can clean dirt and dust anywhere in your home from floor to ceiling with our live hose and tools
- GREAT FOR PETS: Our advanced allergen block technology and odor-absorbing carbon assists in capturing dust, pet dander, pollen and eliminating pet odors
- Powerful vacuum cleaner: The dynamic motor and brush roll can lift stubborn and heavy debris. Plus, the 12.6” wide nozzle cleans more with a quickness.
- 10 pounds lightweight upright vacuum: The EurekaPowerSpeed is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuver. Designed for whole home clean.
- 5 height adjustment: It works well on carpets, shag rug, hard floors etc. Smooth wheels ensures hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges.
- 4.1L extra-large capacity: The extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying. Clean more, empty less.
- Multiple accessories included: A quick-release handle connected to the stretch hose for above-floor cleaning. A 7-inch-long crevice tool, dusting brush, and upholstery tool help clean hard-to-reach areas. Extract dirt, pet hair, freshen up your car, curtains, celings or door frames. For your convenience, they are all stored right on board.
- Lift-Away: Lift Away the detachable pod and easily clean above-floor areas like stairs and furniture.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter.
- Swivel steering, excellent control for maneuvering around furniture.
- Brushroll shutoff allows you to instantly switch from deep carpet cleaning to gentle bare floor cleaning.
- Large capacity, easy to empty dust cup extended cleaning without interruption.
- Powerful vacuum cleaner The dynamic motor and brush roll can lift stubborn and heavy debris Plus the 12 6” wide nozzle cleans more with a quickness
- 10 lbs light weight upright vacuum The Eureka Power Speed is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuvre Designed for whole home clean
- 5 height adjustments It works well on carpet shag rug hard floors, etc. Smooth wheels ensure hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges
- 4.1L extra-large capacity the extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying Clean more empty less
- Multiple accessories included a quick-release handle connected to the stretch hose for above-floor cleaning A 7-inch-long crevice tool, dusting brush and upholstery tool help clean hard-to-reach areas Extract dirt, pet hair freshen up your car curtains ceilings or door frames For your convenience they are all stored right on board
- Lift-Away the detachable pod with the easy-to-use pod-release pedal to clean stairs, furniture, and everywhere in your home.
- Deep cleaning on carpets, strong suction on hard floors, and powerful pet hair pickup.
- No vacuum emits cleaner air, capturing 99.99% of dust and allergens with Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology. (Based on ASTM F1977 of particles .3 microns or larger)
- Lighter than Shark's best-selling Lift-Away, with more suction for versatile whole-home cleaning. (Weight and suction vs. NV351, suction measured at the hose)
- Advanced Swivel Steering lets you easily maneuver your vacuum in and out of tight spaces, in corners, around furniture, and more.
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Multi-purpose pet tools tackle stubborn pet hair and dirt on furniture, stairs and hard to reach areas
- CARBON HEPA FILTRATION: Love your pet, not their smell with odor-absorbing filters. Dirt cup capacity - 1.42 liters
- POWERFUL SUCTION: WindTunnel 3 Technology with 3 channels of suction create efficient air flow from the extra-wide nozzle to the large capacity dirt cup
- PERFECT FOR CARPET AND HARDFLOOR: On/Off brushroll helps effortlessly transition from carpets to hard floors with the touch of a button
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Reach further and with greater versatility with 15 feet of extended reach. Includes pet turbo tool, pivoting dusting tool, and crevice tool
Using an upright vacuum has several benefits. First of all, they tend to be less expensive compared to other models like canister vacuums. They are also more compact which means they are easier to use and store. Even people who suffer from back problems can operate an upright vacuum with ease because they don’t have to bend their backs that much.
And since upright vacuums are the most common types of vacuums being used in homes, they are always being improved so that they can clean faster and more efficiently. New technologies like radial root cyclone technology, wind tunnel technology, and other advanced developments in the home cleaning appliance industry are often tested first and then introduced into upright vacuums. In other words, they are built to provide solutions to all types of dirt and mess.
In choosing the best upright vacuum for your home or office, there are certain things that you need to take into account like the type of floor that you have, the size of the vacuum, and the features as well as the main functions of the vacuum. Taking these into consideration will help you decide which model or brand would be perfect for your home. In the following guide, we’re going to show you some of the best upright vacuums being sold in the market today.
If you are looking for the best upright vacuum cleaner in the market today, we highly recommend that you use the products we discussed above as your guide. We have recommended these models and brands for the simple reason that they are reliable and efficient. They have all the essential features and functions to keep your house or office squeaky clean.
Upright Vacuum Cleaners – What to look for when choosing to buy an upright vac
When choosing the best upright vacuum cleaner for your household, there are several factors to take into consideration. Upright vacuum cleaners are particularly renown for picking up pet hair, quickly covering large floors, you know, at those times when you are in a hurry to get the house cleaned up before the in-laws show up.
Furthermore, upright vacuums also usually offer more capacity than cylinder vacs, however, they can be heavy and rather awkward on stairs. Upright cleaners are also fairly easy to store. In order to make the best decision for your particular home situation, consider the layout of the house and determine the best requirements that your upright vacuum needs to contain, then make your decision accordingly. At the end of the day, you need to make a practical decision. It makes no sense to take days agonizing over your decision. Just figure out your overall budget, consider the specs for the models in your price range, then do an apples-to-apples comparison as best you can, voila, make the best decision possible.
Upright vacuum cleaners utilize a motorized, rotating brush within the cleaning head to pull up dust and dirt from your floors. It behooves you to also contemplate the overall square footage of your home. Take into consideration, all the rooms with carpet that will likely need vacuuming, calculate where the outlets are located for ease of maneuverability. In making your vacuum cleaner decision, remember that you are investing in something for the long term. You should contemplate the amount of years that you expect the vacuum cleaner to last, therefore, finding a robust, reliable model that can absorb all the wear and tear is important, along with the necessary warranties. The rotating brush on upright vacuum cleaners is very effective indeed, exactly what makes it pick up that annoying pet hair so quickly.
But before purchasing, it’s important to remember that upright vacuum cleaners vary considerably between individual models. Carefully evaluate any differences between models, you may have to read deeply between the fine print.
Not all upright vacuum cleaners are created equal. There are super effective upright vacuum cleaners that can collect twice as much dust as others, suck up pet hair others leave behind, and which are much easier to use. That sounds like a great starting point to begin your search for the best upright vacuum cleaner for your household or office. Obviously, when in the store, it might be hard to distinguish exactly which the best cleaners are, therefore, you can use the internet to check out some independent upright vacuum cleaner reviews. You can also get good recommendations from friends or family.
Size always matters, consider how much space you need for storage. Upright vacuum cleaners don’t have the potentially awkward hose section you’ll find in cylinder models, which makes storing them that much easier. However, it’s important to note that their rigid structure also entails lack of flexibility especially if you’re tight on closet space.
One should also evaluate total weight and reach of the vacuum. The average reach of upright vacuum cleaners is about 8.6m, which is fairly short compared to cylinder vacuums, which have an average reach of more than 10m. If you’ve got a lot of floor to cover, make sure to look for an upright vacuum with a long power cord so you don’t have to keep swapping plug sockets.
Upright vacuum ratings can tell you a lot about a product. Typically ratings are determined by the consumers which means that you are getting a much more honest view of whether an upright vacuum actually performs as it should. Let’s face facts manufacturers want to sell you a vacuum they will use a slew of advertising language that is meant to attract sales. Without upright vacuum ratings, it can get really confusing when you are trying to narrow down your options.
Of course, there are some consumers that will never be happy so when you are reviewing ratings you should always use a little common sense. If the majority finds that a vacuum does what it should and they are happy with it then it is very likely the best option.