Our Top 10 Recommendations for Upright Vacuums
Up-to-date pricing and reviews for upright vacuums on the market
When it comes to deep cleaning action, you can trust that the best upright vacuum will do the job perfectly well. But, with so many available in the market, choosing one can be a daunting task.
- OnePass Technology with powerful suction and innovative brush design to clean on the first pass
- Scatter Free Technology reduces scatter on hard floors
- On board storage keeps specialized tools including the TurboBrush Tool, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, and Extension Wand close by while cleaning
- Powerful, multi cyclonic system for lasting suction that captures and keeps dirt in the bin, where it belongs
- Large Capacity, Easy Empty Dirt Tank empties with the press of a button
- Lift away press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology , a HEPA filter Traps 999 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum The full unit weighs only 12.5 pounds,The canister alone is 7.5 pounds
- Swivel Steering Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture Dust Cup Capacity: 12 dry quarts
- Large capacity, easy to empty dust cup Extended cleaning without interruptio
- What's Included: (1) Upholstery Tool, (1) 5.5 inch Crevice Tool
- Powerful vacuum cleaner: The dynamic motor and brushroll can lift stubborn and heavy debris. Plus, the 12. 6” wide nozzle cleans more with a quickness.
- 10 lbs. lightweight upright vacuum: The EurekaPowerSpeed is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuver. Designed for whole home clean.
- 5 height adjustment: It works well on carpets, shag rug, hard floors etc. Smooth wheels ensures hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges.
- 4. 1L extra-large capacity: the extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying. Clean more, empty less.
- Multiple accessories included: a quick-release handle connected to the stretch hose for above-floor cleaning. A 7-inch-long crevice tool, dusting brush, and upholstery tool help clean hard-to-reach areas. Extract dirt, pet hair, freshen up your car, curtains, celings or door frames. For your convenience, they are all stored right on board.
- Anti allergen complete seal technology a hepa filter; Traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Extra large capacity, easy to empty dust cup; Extended cleaning without interruption
- Powerful and lightweight; Portable and versatile at only 15.2 pounds
- Swivel steering; Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture; The XL capacity, easy to empty dust cup provides extended cleaning without interruption
- Brushroll shutoff; Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning; The power cord is 25 feet long
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Triple Action Brush Roll loosens, lifts and removes embedded dirt and pet hair from multiple surfaces
- Scatter-Free Technology reduces scatter on hard floors
- Automatic Cord Rewind wraps the 27’ power cord for you so you never have to wrap the cord again
- Edge-to-edge cleaning provides a powerful clean all the way to the edge of every room in your home
- Dust cup capacity 1.5 quarts; Shark's original full sized Powered Lift Away; The canister detaches to deep clean hard to reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- XL capacity with full size performance. Hose length (feet): 6
- Fingertip controls allow you to easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet mode
- Dust cup capacity 1.1 quarts; Lift away; Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology plus a HEPA filter; Traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Powerful and lightweight; Portable and versatile at only 12.5 pounds
- Brush roll Shutoff; Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning
- Swivel Steering; Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture
- WINDTUNNEL 3 TECHNOLOGY: Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface and deeply embedded dirt.
- HEPA FILTER: Traps in 99. 7% of dirt, dust, pollen, and allergens down to 0. 3 microns and one simple touch releases the bag into the trash, so you never need to touch it.
- MULTI FLOOR ADJUSTMENT: Features 7 floor height adjustment settings so that you can move between hard floors and deep carpets with ease
- ABOVE FLOOR CLEANING: Up to 17 feet of above floor cleaning to reach ceilings, fans, crown moldings and more
- TOOLS INCLUDED: Telescoping Extension Wand, 12 inch Crevice Tool, Upholstery/Dusting brush, and a Air Powered Hand Tool
- Lightweight & Portable This 10 lbs Eureka PowerSpeed upright vacuum cleaner is easy to use and delivers a powerful deep clean
- Powerful Multi-surface Vacuum With 5 height adjustment settings this versatile vacuum can easily adapt between hard floor and deep carpet
- Extra-large Dust Cup With an easy empty 2 6L dust cup this bagless vacuum requires less frequent emptying for uninterrupted cleaning
- Great for Pet Owners Includes a pet turbo tool crevice tool dusting brush and upholstery tool that can all be stored on board for easy access and above floor cleaning
- Zero Maintenance Cost washable filters and bagless design make the PowerSpeed easy to maintain
- Upright vacuum cleaner with 12-inch-wide cleaning path is better suited for cleaning low pile carpets than typical canister vacuum cleaners and takes up less space for storage
- Helping Hand handle has received Ease-of-Use Commendation from Arthritis Foundation; on/off switch is located in handgrip for convenience
- Automatic floor adjustment enables the vacuum cleaner to move between carpets and hard surfaces without changes to manual settings
- Powerful, high-speed, balanced brush roll with double helix brushes whirls at 6,500 RPM and move debris toward the vacuum inlet for cleaning
- Measures 6 x 13 x 35 inches (H x W x D). Weighs 9 pounds
Using an upright vacuum has several benefits. First of all, they tend to be less expensive compared to other models like canister vacuums. They are also more compact which means they are easier to use and store. Even people who suffer from back problems can operate an upright vacuum with ease because they don’t have to bend their backs that much.
And since upright vacuums are the most common types of vacuums being used in homes, they are always being improved so that they can clean faster and more efficiently. New technologies like radial root cyclone technology, wind tunnel technology, and other advanced developments in the home cleaning appliance industry are often tested first and then introduced into upright vacuums. In other words, they are built to provide solutions to all types of dirt and mess.
In choosing the best upright vacuum for your home or office, there are certain things that you need to take into account like the type of floor that you have, the size of the vacuum, and the features as well as the main functions of the vacuum. Taking these into consideration will help you decide which model or brand would be perfect for your home. In the following guide, we’re going to show you some of the best upright vacuums being sold in the market today.
If you are looking for the best upright vacuum cleaner in the market today, we highly recommend that you use the products we discussed above as your guide. We have recommended these models and brands for the simple reason that they are reliable and efficient. They have all the essential features and functions to keep your house or office squeaky clean.
Upright Vacuum Cleaners – What to look for when choosing to buy an upright vac
When choosing the best upright vacuum cleaner for your household, there are several factors to take into consideration. Upright vacuum cleaners are particularly renown for picking up pet hair, quickly covering large floors, you know, at those times when you are in a hurry to get the house cleaned up before the in-laws show up.
Furthermore, upright vacuums also usually offer more capacity than cylinder vacs, however, they can be heavy and rather awkward on stairs. Upright cleaners are also fairly easy to store. In order to make the best decision for your particular home situation, consider the layout of the house and determine the best requirements that your upright vacuum needs to contain, then make your decision accordingly. At the end of the day, you need to make a practical decision. It makes no sense to take days agonizing over your decision. Just figure out your overall budget, consider the specs for the models in your price range, then do an apples-to-apples comparison as best you can, voila, make the best decision possible.
Upright vacuum cleaners utilize a motorized, rotating brush within the cleaning head to pull up dust and dirt from your floors. It behooves you to also contemplate the overall square footage of your home. Take into consideration, all the rooms with carpet that will likely need vacuuming, calculate where the outlets are located for ease of maneuverability. In making your vacuum cleaner decision, remember that you are investing in something for the long term. You should contemplate the amount of years that you expect the vacuum cleaner to last, therefore, finding a robust, reliable model that can absorb all the wear and tear is important, along with the necessary warranties. The rotating brush on upright vacuum cleaners is very effective indeed, exactly what makes it pick up that annoying pet hair so quickly.
But before purchasing, it’s important to remember that upright vacuum cleaners vary considerably between individual models. Carefully evaluate any differences between models, you may have to read deeply between the fine print.
Not all upright vacuum cleaners are created equal. There are super effective upright vacuum cleaners that can collect twice as much dust as others, suck up pet hair others leave behind, and which are much easier to use. That sounds like a great starting point to begin your search for the best upright vacuum cleaner for your household or office. Obviously, when in the store, it might be hard to distinguish exactly which the best cleaners are, therefore, you can use the internet to check out some independent upright vacuum cleaner reviews. You can also get good recommendations from friends or family.
Size always matters, consider how much space you need for storage. Upright vacuum cleaners don’t have the potentially awkward hose section you’ll find in cylinder models, which makes storing them that much easier. However, it’s important to note that their rigid structure also entails lack of flexibility especially if you’re tight on closet space.
One should also evaluate total weight and reach of the vacuum. The average reach of upright vacuum cleaners is about 8.6m, which is fairly short compared to cylinder vacuums, which have an average reach of more than 10m. If you’ve got a lot of floor to cover, make sure to look for an upright vacuum with a long power cord so you don’t have to keep swapping plug sockets.
Upright vacuum ratings can tell you a lot about a product. Typically ratings are determined by the consumers which means that you are getting a much more honest view of whether an upright vacuum actually performs as it should. Let’s face facts manufacturers want to sell you a vacuum they will use a slew of advertising language that is meant to attract sales. Without upright vacuum ratings, it can get really confusing when you are trying to narrow down your options.
Of course, there are some consumers that will never be happy so when you are reviewing ratings you should always use a little common sense. If the majority finds that a vacuum does what it should and they are happy with it then it is very likely the best option.