Our Top 10 Recommendations for Canister Vacuums
Up-to-date pricing and reviews for canister vacuums on the market
- Vacuum Cleaner Application: stationary vacuum cleaner is ideal for commercial use including hair salons, boutiques, hospitality, kitchens and small businesses. Cleaning machine is proficient in grabbing pet hair, soil, dust from wooden floors, marble floors, or nylon flooring
- Powerful Vacuum Cleaning Machine: cyclonic action offers efficient operation. 1400W motor with powerful suction helps in 100% removal of dust, hair and debris instantly. Touch-less stationary vacuum is upgraded with inbuilt high efficiency filter makes cleaning of air and floors easier
- Portable Vacuum: professional vacuum cleaner with 13"x7.5"x20.5" dimension. 4.8 liters volume of bag-less canister provides sufficient space to collect dirt and debris. 15.21 pounds of weight is lighter than most professional vacuum cleaners
- Automatic Professional Vacuum: touchless stationary vacuum is ideal for auto and manual functions and does not require touching of debris or vacuum to operate. Red status indicator light of this machine's lights when the canister is ready to be emptied
- Easy to Use: Eye-Vac EVPRO vacuum is easy to clean and maintain and comes with bag-less canister for stress-free removal of dust. Remove canister and open the lid and drop all debris into the garbage
- This powerful but quiet Miele bagged canister vacuum has a combination floor head that is ideal for cleaning hard floors and low-pile carpeting.
- Lightweight and nimble, the Miele C1 vacuum offers maximum maneuverability both around and underneath furniture. Switch between 6 different suction power settings specific to the surface being cleaned, whether its upholstery or flooring.
- Miele's unique Air Clean System ensures maximum filtration consisting of a genuine Miele Filter Bag, motor protection filter and Air Clean exhaust filter. The room air is cleaner after vacuuming than before.
- Standard accessories include SBD 285-3 Pure Suction Combination Floor head, Dusting Brush, Upholstery Tool, Crevice Tool, Air Clean Filter and Miele Original Air Clean Filter Bag Type GN.
- 7-year manufacturer on motor and casing, and 1-year manufacturer on parts and labor.
- Canister vacuum cleaner with shoulder strap and integrated handle for portability
- 4-amp, two-stage bypass motor is more powerful than typical flow-through motors and has a greater vacuuming capability than single-stage motors
- Adjustable extension wand and 4-foot hose help facilitate cleaning overhead vents, ceiling fans, and other high places. Surface Area- Upholstery, Stairs, Carpet, Hard Surfaces, Edges and Small Spaces
- 30-foot power cord enables the vacuum to cover larger area without changing outlets than vacuums with shorter cords
- Measures 8 x 6 x 15 inches (H x W x D); weighs 5 pounds; has 1-quart capacity
- Includes a reusable commercial cloth bag with paper option
- Built-in blower allows you more versatility with cleaning and maintaining your home
- Compact form allows you to clean tight spaces and detail small areas like the inside of a vehicle
- Long 33' SJT cable length for large area vacuuming. Hush 15 Inch Bagless Upright
- Hose stretches for extended reach
- ERGONOMIC BACKPACK VACUUM - The backpack vacuum weighs 10.3 lbs with dimensions of 12" x 9" x 20". The perfect size to move around comfortably while vacuuming. Easily convert to right or left hand. The belt loop contains storage for the accessories to easily transition for any job performed. Weight is 18.95 pounds.
- COMMERCIAL OR RESIDENTIAL APPLICATIONS - The powerful vacuum and backpack blower works for both residential and commercial applications. Use the lightweight backpack vacuum for pest control, hotels, hospitals, schools, janitors, JAN/SAN, offices, warehouses, stairs, ceilings, entryways, drapes, blinds, and hard to reach corners.
- HEPA FILTER - The 8-Quart HEPA filter safely captures particles. Made to virtually eliminate the risk of exhausting dangerous bacteria during vacuuming.
- PACKED WITH ATTACHMENTS FOR ANY JOB - Included contents are: Backpack Vacuum, 6' hose, blower adapter, exhaust filter cover, 22"-37" extension wand, set of 3 blower nozzles, furniture nozzle, crevice tool, round brush, floor brush, air driven turbo brush, extension cord strain relief, HEPA bag, shakeout bag, pre-motor and exhaust filter set, and set of hose and filter plugs.
- POWERFUL 1400 WATT 12 AMP 120 VOLT VACUUM CLEANER - The backpack vacuum cleaner has a CFM (cubic foot per minute) output of 106 CFM. This can be easily converted to not only a vacuum but a blower with a set of 3 blower nozzles. Weighs only 10 pounds.
- Air clean sealed system. Reliably removes hair and lint with its turbo brush
- 6 stage variable speed Miele Made Vortex motor. 360 degree swivel wheels
- Air clean filter. Dustbag volume in liter: 3.5. Telescopic suction wand : Stainless steel telescopic tube
- Sbd 285-3 rug & floor combination nozzle. Adjustable working height
- Item dimensions is 16.88 length x 9.05 height in inches; Nominal power consumption: 1,100 Watt
The best canister vacuums all have some similar features that make them great. The best canister vacuums all have wide enough wheels that are able to support the vacuum and glide around the house without a hitch. They all have great on-board tools that are easy to connect and disconnect. They all have long enough cords so that you do not have to stop and move from outlet to outlet.
Of course, when you are looking at the best canister vacuums budget is always going to play a role so we took all that we know about what makes a vacuum best and looked for canister vacuums that are offered at a fair price point.
How to choose a great canister vacuum
This article sheds some light on some important factors on how to choose a great canister vacuum. In the process of selecting the best canister vacuum cleaner, many influential things have to be taken into account : price range, performances, electric consumption, durability, and so on. Accordingly, your own specific needs will determine the best vacuum to meet your overall goals.
As most things, the amount of money you want to spend plays a key role. It’s standard that for most appliances, the best vacuum cleaners tend to be more costly, but some models offer great bang for your buck. A good quality canister vacuum cleaner is built and likely will last many years, therefore, it can be viewed as a longer term investment. Solid, reliable canister vacuum cleaners range anywhere from $100 and $500.
Everybody always desires the latest and greatest vacuum cleaner to help you the job effectively and efficiently. Let’s face it, you have got other things to do with your valuable time besides vacuuming all day long. You want good performance and efficiency with your chosen canister vacuum. Time is money as they say, you want maximum efficiency and effectiveness : not having to pass several times on the same areas means faster vacuum cleaning. Great engine power means great suction strength, most reliable canister vacuum cleaners have a power between 1200 W and 2000 W, and a higher power normally entails more suction during cleaning.
Bagless vs bagged vacuum cleaner
There are two types of canister vacuum cleaner: bagged, and bagless. Here are some pros and cons. Bagged canister vacuum cleaners seem to deliver a higher level of filtration and are usually quieter. They are also more affordable, having been around for a longer time, consequently, they also offer more durability as a whole. However, the constant need to replace the bags often creates an additional expense over the life-span of the vacuum cleaner. Bagless canister vacuum cleaners are the latest thing. Their primary advantages are stemming the costs of buying and replacing bags. The most effective options offer models that keep the same suction power and force as their dust compartment is also filling up. However, it’s also important to note that bagless canister vacuum cleaners make more noise and also usually cost more money too in apples-to-apples model comparison.
Ease of use
A great vacuum cleaner must of course, be easy to handle or else what’s the point. You certainly don’t want extra pressure on your back and shoulders as you try to navigate through the cracks. It doesn’t help your cause to burn too much energy and risk getting tired, especially if you have a household of kids and a hubby to run. Canister vacuum cleaner wheels need to be large enough, especially if you have real thick carpets and rugs in your house. If they are too small, they can get stuck by some obstacles, or with power cords. This will also affect your back, and likely damage the flexible hose quicker.
Not all canister vacuum cleaners are created equal when it comes to the level of filtration they achieve. Some will be more efficient and prevent the release of dust, pollens and allergens in the air. Consider the entire package from start to finish during your purchase.
Best canister vacuum comes with a wow factor
If you’re looking for a simple, no fuss canister vacuum that gets the job done, then we’ve found one with the WOW factor. One of the world’s most trusted commercial vacuum brands, Oreck, has released a handheld canister which is both efficient and effective. This lightweight yet powerful canister can be carried or worn over the shoulder for easy and convenient cleaning in every part of your home. Read on to find out why the Oreck Super-Deluxe Compact Canister Vacuum Cleaner is the best canister vacuum on the market right now.
- Hygienic, easy to change disposable dust bags with hypo-allergenic filtration.
- Use the extension wand to reach the trickiest spaces and highest corners of your home.
- Strong suction which can tackle any household cleaning task.
- A blow function which is great for blowing dirt out of tricky spaces, cleaning off your patio and even inflating your air mattress.
The Oreck Super-Deluxe Compact Canister weighs just 4 pounds so that it’s light and easy to carry. It has a 20 foot power cord which allows you to clean large areas without changing outlets. It also has an accordion style 23 inch hose which can extend to 40 inches giving you a large cleaning radius.
This canister vacuum comes with a full range of easy to attach tools so you’ll be able to clean everything from your rugs to your chandelier. The package includes:
- The canister unit.
- Extension wand.
- Crevice tool.
- Dusting brush.
- Mini tools for delicate spaces like computer keyboards or ornaments.
- Vinyl tool caddy.
Is this Canister Vacuum for You?
If you live in a smaller home or apartment then this compact yet powerful canister is the ideal model for you. It makes cleaning carpets, rugs and hard flooring a breeze and is also excellent for above floor cleaning. People who want a powerful, easy-to-use canister that does just the job it was built for find this product more than satisfactory. It’s a compact, no frills vacuum cleaner with an impressive performance.
How to Get Best Canister Vacuum
Getting the right vacuum can be daunting to a buyer because there are thousands of vacuum brands from which to choose. Besides, even if you settle for a particular brand, you still have to decide whether to buy a bag-less, bagged, robot, upright or canister vacuum. Fortunately, making that decision is not impossible. For instance, to increase the chances of buying the best canister vacuum cleaner, you must first determine your house cleaning needs. Are you looking for a device for cleaning hardwood floors? Do you have pets? Are you worried about allergens? Does your house have staircases? Or perhaps you have tough-to-move furniture and want a hoover that can reach underneath the furniture.
If you want a vacuum that is easy to use and maneuver, ideal for hardwood floors, hard surfaces, stairs and for reaching underneath furniture, then consider buying the best canister vacuums.
How to identify the best canister vacuum
To get the best vacuum cleaner, you must narrow your search by considering several factors. Find out the type of vacuum head you want, the warranty terms and what users of the canister vacuum have to say in their reviews. Next decide if you want a bag-less or a bagged vacuum.
A standard bagged vacuum includes a disposable enclosed bag that a person can detach and safely dispose of once full of debris. A bag-less vacuum on its part lacks the disposable bag. Instead, it has a re-usable enclosed plastic compartment where the debris collects. Once it is full, you just open the lid and dispose of the contents. Armed with such information, it becomes easy to decide the best canister vacuum to buy.
After identifying the best canister vacuum you want, it is prudent to go through the warranty terms and the user’s manual. If you require additional information or clarification, do not hesitate to ask the store technician or the retailer. Lastly, always use your vacuum canister as recommended in the user’s manual to ensure maximum satisfaction.