Our Top 10 Recommendations for Canister Vacuums
Up-to-date pricing and reviews for canister vacuums on the market
- Innovative Multi-Surface vacuum: Deep clean with the whirlwind canister vacuum. This vacuum features an integrated airflow control on the handle that can be easily switched at your fingertips. It includes three settings: carpet, upholstery & hard floors. Dust cup capacity - 1.2 liters
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver: vacuum anywhere around your home with ease with this lightweight vacuum. The Eureka whirlwind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 8 pounds and can easily maneuver under and around furniture and stairs thanks to its swivel steering and telescoping metal Wand
- 3L dust container, no maintenance costs: No bags or filters required. The whirlwind has a Bagless design and uses washable filters. Rinse the filters as needed and you’re ready to go
- 2-In-1 integrated crevice tool: The Eureka whirlwind canister vacuum features a crevice tool integrated into the hose handle so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need and will never get lost. Easily disconnect the handle from the hose and then you can switch between a crevice tool and a dusting brush
- Easy-to-use: spend more time cleaning and less time struggling with your vacuum cleaner. The Eureka whirlwind has automatic cord Rewind, saving your valuable time. The whirlwind has a one-button release for easy dust cup emptying
- This powerful but quiet German-engineered bagged canister vacuum has a combination floor head that is ideal for cleaning hard floors. High suction power – 1,200 W
- This lightweight and nimble Miele vacuum offers maximum maneuverability both around and underneath furniture. Switch between 6 different suction power settings specific to the surface being cleaned, whether its upholstery or flooring.
- Miele’s unique AirClean System ensures maximum filtration consisting of a genuine Miele FilterBag, motor protection filter and AirClean exhaust filter. The room air is cleaner after vacuuming than before.
- Standard accessories include SBD 285-3 Pure Suction Combination Floorhead, Dusting Brush, Upholstery Tool, Crevice Tool, AirClean Filter and Miele Original AirClean FilterBag Type GN.
- 7-year manufacturer warranty on motor and casing, and 1-year manufacturer warranty on parts and labor.
- Dirt cup capacity 2 liters; Cyclonic action and powerful suction provide thorough cleaning; Plus, no more bags to buy or change ever
- Easily go from cleaning carpets to hard floors with the flip of a switch. Power rating : 9 ampere
- Dirt cup filters and post motor filter help capture more fine dust and particles. Filters are washable and reusable
- 15 feet of cord for great cleaning reach and retracts with the touch of a button for easy storage
- Weighs less than eight pounds. Easy to maneuver with the integrated carrying handle
- Dust cup capacity - 2.5 liters. Ideal for quick and efficient cleaning
- Convenient for home and auto
- Includes blower port
- Lightweight 10 amp canister vacuum safely and completely cleans bare-floor surfaces
- Power-Touch handle with easy-to-use fingertip controls; deluxe floor brush; bare-floor nozzle
- LIGHTWEIGHT only 5 pounds and has 1-quart capacity
- ADJUSTABLE EXTENSION WAND and 4-foot hose help facilitate cleaning overhead vents, ceiling fans, and other high places
- 30-FOOT POWER CORD enables the vacuum to cover larger area
- BAGGED CANISTER VACUUM: Designed to clean all areas and surfaces of your entire home, den, kitchen, car or garage quickly and efficiently
- HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99. 97% of debris, trapping dander and dust inside the vacuum reducing allergy-induced pollutants in the room
- POWERFUL CLEANING: 2-motor system excels in suction strength. 4 height adjustments provide optimal airflow and cleaning efficiency for any surface
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND MANEUVERABLE: At less than 20 pounds, this lightweight design is easy to maneuver
- 3 ATTACHMENTS: Dusting brush, crevice tool and bare floor tool for convenient cleaning transitions, store on the vacuum
- 1,200 watt Miele-made Vortex Motor | Gentle on sensitive hard floors - soft parquet brush | Adjustable working height – Stainless steel telescopic tube | Effortless vacuuming of larger areas with 33' operating radius
- 6-setting suction control via Rotary Dial | Exclusive Miele AirClean Sealed System | Type GN AirClean FilterBag, 4.76 quart | AirClean Filter (SAC 20/30) | Pure Suction Combination Floorhead (SBD 285-3) | Pure Suction Parquet Twister XL Floorhead (SBB 400-3) | Integrated Dusting Brush, Upholstery Tool and Crevice Tool | 33' cleaning radius
- Electronic suction power setting: 6-stage rotary selector | Ergonomic carrying handle | Ergonomic handle Comfort handle | Park system for vacuuming breaks | Castor wheels gentle on floors | Three-point maneuverability | Locking system for floor head and handle | Automatic FilterBag positioning
- Electronic suction power setting: 6-stage rotary selector | Ergonomic carrying handle | Ergonomic handle | Comfort handle | Park system for vacuuming breaks
- Type of FilterBag| GN AirClean FilterBag | FilterBag volume: 4.75qt | Exhaust filter: AirClean Filter (SAC 20/30) | Manufacturer Warranty: 3 Year Parts and Labor
- 6 QUART HEPA BAG FILTER WITH 3 FILTRATION STAGES - The Turbo Red AHC-1 portable vacuum cleaner has a 6 quart HEPA bag. This traps harmful particles such as dirt, pollen, pet dander, dust mites, and tobacco smoke with 3 stages of HEPA filtration. An indicator light tells you when the bag is full and needs to be changed.
- 3 VARIABLE SPEED SUCTION - Unlike most small vacuum cleaners, the light weight bagged vacuum provides a 1400 watt variable speed motor. This allows you to choose the right amount of suction for any task. Go from hardwood floors to fine draperies without the perfect suction for any task.
- TELESCOPIC METAL WAND - The small commercial vacuum includes a telescopic metal wand with 17 height settings. This allows you to reach those hard to reach places with ease and comfort.
- PACKED WITH ATTACHMENTS - This vacuum product includes: The Turbo Red Canister Vac, 6 foot hose, 22"-36" telescopic extension, floor tool, air driven turbo brush (for rugs and floors), round dust brush, upholstery nozzle, crevice nozzle, accessory holder, 2 HEPA bags, HEPA exhaust motor filter, exhaust filter cover, internal premotor filter, internal premotor filter cover.
- PERFECT VACUUM FOR HOME AND OFFICE - The lightweight, portable, and powerful vacuum is the perfect vacuum for the home or office. Don't have the space for other big commercial vaccums? The compact design allows you to store the vacuum easily when not in use.
- Dirt cup capacity - 2 liters. Motorized brush roll for outstanding pickup of dirt, hair and other debris across carpets and scatter free cleaning on hard floors
- 15x Multi-cyclonic technology provides excellent suction and keeps your filters cleaner for longer
- Easy empty dirt tank designed for easy disposal of dirt and debris
- Fingertip controls provide convenient access to the brush roll on/off and variable suction to easily transition from carpet to hard floors
- For true versatility of cleaning a dusting brush, upholstery and crevice tool are Included to remove pet hair, dirt and other debris from hard to reach places
- FAST & EFFICIENT – Equipped with 1200-Watts, this cyclonic vacuum uses powerful, nonstop suction to deep clean surfaces in one pass.
- ADVANCED MULTI-LEVEL FILTRATION – Say goodbye to allergies! Its HEPA filtration system removes 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 micrometers in diameter. That’s 300x smaller than a hair!
- INCREDIBLE VALUE – Comes with premium attachments for cleaning various surfaces: sofa/pet brush, floor brush, combination crevice nozzle/bristle brush, telescopic metal wand, dust compartment, and power cord
- CONVENIENT – Step button to turn on/off, automatic cable rewinder, 360° hose swivel, and telescopic wand helps you get high and hard-to-reach areas without injuring your back.
- EASY MAINTENANCE – Bagless design with translucent dust compartment also includes an LED light alert for when the dust container & filters are full. All you need to do is empty and wash it with water before use.
The best canister vacuums all have some similar features that make them great. The best canister vacuums all have wide enough wheels that are able to support the vacuum and glide around the house without a hitch. They all have great on-board tools that are easy to connect and disconnect. They all have long enough cords so that you do not have to stop and move from outlet to outlet.
Of course, when you are looking at the best canister vacuums budget is always going to play a role so we took all that we know about what makes a vacuum best and looked for canister vacuums that are offered at a fair price point.
How to choose a great canister vacuum
This article sheds some light on some important factors on how to choose a great canister vacuum. In the process of selecting the best canister vacuum cleaner, many influential things have to be taken into account : price range, performances, electric consumption, durability, and so on. Accordingly, your own specific needs will determine the best vacuum to meet your overall goals.
As most things, the amount of money you want to spend plays a key role. It’s standard that for most appliances, the best vacuum cleaners tend to be more costly, but some models offer great bang for your buck. A good quality canister vacuum cleaner is built and likely will last many years, therefore, it can be viewed as a longer term investment. Solid, reliable canister vacuum cleaners range anywhere from $100 and $500.
Everybody always desires the latest and greatest vacuum cleaner to help you the job effectively and efficiently. Let’s face it, you have got other things to do with your valuable time besides vacuuming all day long. You want good performance and efficiency with your chosen canister vacuum. Time is money as they say, you want maximum efficiency and effectiveness : not having to pass several times on the same areas means faster vacuum cleaning. Great engine power means great suction strength, most reliable canister vacuum cleaners have a power between 1200 W and 2000 W, and a higher power normally entails more suction during cleaning.
Bagless vs bagged vacuum cleaner
There are two types of canister vacuum cleaner: bagged, and bagless. Here are some pros and cons. Bagged canister vacuum cleaners seem to deliver a higher level of filtration and are usually quieter. They are also more affordable, having been around for a longer time, consequently, they also offer more durability as a whole. However, the constant need to replace the bags often creates an additional expense over the life-span of the vacuum cleaner. Bagless canister vacuum cleaners are the latest thing. Their primary advantages are stemming the costs of buying and replacing bags. The most effective options offer models that keep the same suction power and force as their dust compartment is also filling up. However, it’s also important to note that bagless canister vacuum cleaners make more noise and also usually cost more money too in apples-to-apples model comparison.
Ease of use
A great vacuum cleaner must of course, be easy to handle or else what’s the point. You certainly don’t want extra pressure on your back and shoulders as you try to navigate through the cracks. It doesn’t help your cause to burn too much energy and risk getting tired, especially if you have a household of kids and a hubby to run. Canister vacuum cleaner wheels need to be large enough, especially if you have real thick carpets and rugs in your house. If they are too small, they can get stuck by some obstacles, or with power cords. This will also affect your back, and likely damage the flexible hose quicker.
Not all canister vacuum cleaners are created equal when it comes to the level of filtration they achieve. Some will be more efficient and prevent the release of dust, pollens and allergens in the air. Consider the entire package from start to finish during your purchase.
Best canister vacuum comes with a wow factor
If you’re looking for a simple, no fuss canister vacuum that gets the job done, then we’ve found one with the WOW factor. One of the world’s most trusted commercial vacuum brands, Oreck, has released a handheld canister which is both efficient and effective. This lightweight yet powerful canister can be carried or worn over the shoulder for easy and convenient cleaning in every part of your home. Read on to find out why the Oreck Super-Deluxe Compact Canister Vacuum Cleaner is the best canister vacuum on the market right now.
- Hygienic, easy to change disposable dust bags with hypo-allergenic filtration.
- Use the extension wand to reach the trickiest spaces and highest corners of your home.
- Strong suction which can tackle any household cleaning task.
- A blow function which is great for blowing dirt out of tricky spaces, cleaning off your patio and even inflating your air mattress.
The Oreck Super-Deluxe Compact Canister weighs just 4 pounds so that it’s light and easy to carry. It has a 20 foot power cord which allows you to clean large areas without changing outlets. It also has an accordion style 23 inch hose which can extend to 40 inches giving you a large cleaning radius.
This canister vacuum comes with a full range of easy to attach tools so you’ll be able to clean everything from your rugs to your chandelier. The package includes:
- The canister unit.
- Extension wand.
- Crevice tool.
- Dusting brush.
- Mini tools for delicate spaces like computer keyboards or ornaments.
- Vinyl tool caddy.
Is this Canister Vacuum for You?
If you live in a smaller home or apartment then this compact yet powerful canister is the ideal model for you. It makes cleaning carpets, rugs and hard flooring a breeze and is also excellent for above floor cleaning. People who want a powerful, easy-to-use canister that does just the job it was built for find this product more than satisfactory. It’s a compact, no frills vacuum cleaner with an impressive performance.
How to Get Best Canister Vacuum
Getting the right vacuum can be daunting to a buyer because there are thousands of vacuum brands from which to choose. Besides, even if you settle for a particular brand, you still have to decide whether to buy a bag-less, bagged, robot, upright or canister vacuum. Fortunately, making that decision is not impossible. For instance, to increase the chances of buying the best canister vacuum cleaner, you must first determine your house cleaning needs. Are you looking for a device for cleaning hardwood floors? Do you have pets? Are you worried about allergens? Does your house have staircases? Or perhaps you have tough-to-move furniture and want a hoover that can reach underneath the furniture.
If you want a vacuum that is easy to use and maneuver, ideal for hardwood floors, hard surfaces, stairs and for reaching underneath furniture, then consider buying the best canister vacuums.
How to identify the best canister vacuum
To get the best vacuum cleaner, you must narrow your search by considering several factors. Find out the type of vacuum head you want, the warranty terms and what users of the canister vacuum have to say in their reviews. Next decide if you want a bag-less or a bagged vacuum.
A standard bagged vacuum includes a disposable enclosed bag that a person can detach and safely dispose of once full of debris. A bag-less vacuum on its part lacks the disposable bag. Instead, it has a re-usable enclosed plastic compartment where the debris collects. Once it is full, you just open the lid and dispose of the contents. Armed with such information, it becomes easy to decide the best canister vacuum to buy.
After identifying the best canister vacuum you want, it is prudent to go through the warranty terms and the user’s manual. If you require additional information or clarification, do not hesitate to ask the store technician or the retailer. Lastly, always use your vacuum canister as recommended in the user’s manual to ensure maximum satisfaction.