Our Top 10 Recommendations for Car Vacuums
Up-to-date pricing and reviews for car vacuums on the market
- Practical: A mini vacuum for car or truck that is compact, lightweight (2.4 lbs), and easy to use. The large dust bin capacity is ready for ash, dust, or drive-thru food spills. A fully loaded interior car detailing kit housed in an ergonomic design.
- Effective: Made for on-the-go use and to solve out-of-reach problems. A very sandy day at the beach? A coat of dog hair? The portable vacuum cleaner for car is designed to solve problems.
- Powerful: The cyclonic force and strong suction of the 106w motor will terminate any dirt or debris; say goodbye to hard-to-reach crumbs stuck under the driver’s seat. Our mini car vacuum even has a top of the line washable HEPA filter.
- Interior Car Cleaning Kit Includes: 3 attachments (flathead, extendable, or brush nozzle) for detailing, carry bag, filter brush, and spare HEPA filter. Must have car accessories for men or women; these gadgets will keep the interior cute and tidy.
- Convenient: Is the battery always dying when you need a car vac? These truck accessories for men & women use the 12v aux outlet for power. The 16 foot cord gives you the slack you need to clean the backseats or trunk without a snag.
- High Power and Powerful Suction. No longer spend your effort and money on picking up stubborn dirt or debris in your car. Baucatlan portable car vacuum cleaner is equipped with a 150W motor, its RPM up to 32000 Rounds/Min. The strong motor can provide up to 7500pa powerful suction. Therefore, you can easily clean up a range of food residue, liquids, pet hair, debris in the tiniest corners of your vehicle.
- Lightweight and Portable Design. The car vacuum cleaner makes your cleaning process effortless. Its weight only 1.76 pounds, both elderly and the young can grab and control and won’t cause hand or arm fatigue as you clean. Moreover, the power cord is up to 16.4 feet which is enough to easily reach the trunk of even a bigger size car and aid with maneuvering.
- Durable and Reusable Triple HEPA Filter. Triple HEPA filter helps to easily improve the cleaning performance. The enhanced filter can separate garbage from the air and provide you with fresh air.
- Large Capacity and Detachable Dust Cup. The oversized dust cup can help you greatly save cleaning time. Baucatlan car vacuum cleaner is equipped with a transparent dust cup, which is easy to monitor and reduces the trouble of assembly.
- Complete and Multifunctional Accessories. Meet your various cleaning needs. It includes multiple extension tubes and two different brush nozzles to ensure that you can clean all areas of the car. The included carrying bag makes it easy to pack this vacuum in the car in a tidy way.
- Vacuum Cleaner Tool: keep your car be kept clean at any time to save your time and money, and get professional cleaning results every time.
- Strong Power: Car Vacuums are equipped with high-performance copper motor and aluminum alloy fans, 150W powerful motor, which provides a powerful suction up to 8kpa. easily clean dust, pet hair, sand, food residue, liquids, debris in cushion or sofa.
- Upgrade HEPA Filter: Stainless steel filter, equals to 20 normal HEPA filters, make the air and dust separate quickly without blocking the filter, can be washed more than 500 times, no need to purchase any new filters.
- Long Distance Extension: handheld vacuum It comes with a 16.4-foot power cord connects to the car’s 12V lighter port, for maximum coverage to reach every spot of your car.
- Well-Equipped Attachment: The portable vacuum cleaner for cars is equipped with 3 nozzles(hoses, cracks, brushes) to meet various cleaning needs, it comes with a carry bag to conveniently store.
- A Professional Deep Cleaning Vehicle Tool. Use the car vacuum to save your time and money to get professional cleaning results every time.
- Strong Suction. 150W powerful motor, RPM up to 32000 Rounds/Min. The car vacuum provides strong suction to clear your car of dust, hair and other debris easily.
- Multi-angle And Long Distance Extension. It comes with a 16.4 foot power cord and a variety of extension pipes to reach every spot of your car.
- Compact Structure And Good Sealing. Prevent inhalation of dust and other garbage from leaking out to cause secondary cleaning.
- What You Get. Vacuum cleaner, Long tube, Slot pipette, Extended hose, Brush nozzle, Cleaning brush, Carrying bag. 24-Month full support.
- 2.5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 2 Peak HP Motor
- 10 Ft. Cord With Cord Wrap
- Blower Function – Easy Conversion
- On-board Accessory & Hose Storage
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Cordless Power: Lithium-ion battery provides up to 12 minutes of cordless cleaning power for quick clean ups almost anywhere.
- On-the-Go Cleaning. Compact enough to store, clean and charge in your car or office.
- Tools Included. 2-in-1 Crevice Tool & Dusting Brush store together with hand vacuum on one stand, so they're always ready to clean.
- USB Charger. Charging is convenient and versatile with the standard charger and included USB charging cable.
- THE ULTIMATE HIGH POWER: We achieved a new high standard in car cleaning with our improved Portable Car Vacuum Cleaner. Upgrades include: 110W suction power & 9.17 Amps, a sleek design with integrated LED light and a washable double HEPA filter
- WHEN FUNCTIONAL MEETS DESIGN: Created with a “smart” flat bottom body, our small, handheld vacuum can glide smoothly on any surface of your car. More so, it comes with a protective lid to keep the trash in & a transparent container so you’ll know when to empty it
- NO MESS IS TOO BIG FOR ThisWorx: Our wet & dry mini vacuum does magic against any kind of dirt, from dust, mud or food crumbs to even spilled liquids, ashes or pet hair. Plug it in your 12V car’s lighter port and use the 16ft power cord to cover any area of your car.
- A CLEANING SET MADE FOR RIDE SHARING: Any driver will simply love this hand vacuum and all it’s accessories:3 different all purpose nozzles, a carrying bag for easy storage and a filter cleaning brush.
- ThisWorx REALLY WORKS: We’re absolutely sure our hand-held vacuum will revolutionize your car cleaning habits! But, just in case you ever have an issue with it, our Customer Support team is ready to assist you with no question asked replacements.
- A PROFESSIONALVEHICLE CLEANING TOOL: With our car vacuum cleaner, you can easily sweep away dust, dirt and garbage. Always keep your car professionally clean! HANTUN car vacuum can be used to clean up water spots. Our car vacuum equipped with a washable HEPA filter, which enables the vacuum cleaner to effectively filter 99.99% of dust during cleaning.
- STRONG SUCTION：Strong suction power of this car vacuum cleaner. With 6kpa suction power provided by 100W motor, which can help you remove dust, food residue, sands and pet hair from car sofa , carpet and other hard reached areas.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL ACCESSORIES: Equipped with two type fittings and a flexible tube. The brush mouth can help you clean car seats and trunks, with long crevice mouth nozzle you will feel freely to clean the narrow areas. If needed, you can use flexible tube to extend your nozzle for deep place. With these accessories, you can reach all the nooks and crannies of your car.
- LONG POWER CORD WITH LED LIGHTING: HANTUN handheld car vacuum with 15ft power cord and only 2lbs weight. This power cord is long enough for any vehicles, including SUV. LED lamp can help you clean up corners in the dark effectively.
- EASY TO USE: This car duster is extremely convenient to use according to its design. Start the car engine first and plug it into any DC12v cigarette lighter socket. Portable vacuum cleaner, perfectly sized for easy storage in the car.
- 【Powerful Vacuum Suction】Marsboy handheld vacuums provide powerful vacuum suction: The 15000PA and 5000PA mode can meet your cleaning demands properly. From large food debris, sand to dust spots, it is perfect for car cleaning, daily household and office. You will embrace a refreshing experience in doing cleaning jobs with the portable vacuum
- 【Lightweight & Caring Design】 Different from traditional vacuum cleaners, this cordless handheld vacuum adopts an ergonomic design, light and easy to carry(1.4lbs), it can easily reach the corner of the house/car gap/office cabinet corner. The curve design and pure black matte materials offer an appropriate angle and hand feeling, a low-key and tasteful choice
- 【65dB Low Noise & USB-C Charge】This car vacuum cleaner aims to optimize the user experience. During working, the hand vacuum makes noise under 65dB, creating a quiet environment for you. Adhering to the simple philosophy, you can directly plug the rechargeable vacuum into the USB port to charge it, or use a phone charger to charge. The Charging time is 4-4.5h
- 【Upgraded & Washable HEPA Filter】 Portable mini vacuum HEPA12 filter, different from paper filter element, with durable hard capping and stainless steel shield, these materials help you deep clean clutter. To maintain the best experience of the small vacuum cleaner, we recommend replacing the filter every 1-2 months
- 【Creative & Useful Accessories】The package includes a wireless hand vacuum, a washable filter(inside), an adapter, a crevice nozzle, a wide nozzle, and a USB-C cable (not include charger). Marsboy cordless vacuum cleaner is committed to boosting housework efficiency, please contact our customer service center if you have any issues, we are happy to help you 🙂
- ✔Why HOTOR: Fast and easy work in a corded handheld car vacuum with lasting and high power, no worry about the issue of continuation, you can use it whenever and wherever you want for your car, a great helper for vacation.
- ✔Remarkable LED Light: Mini vacuum with a super bright LED light, great for car interiors, and ensure your work both in brightness and darkness.
- ✔Double Filtration: The filter of this vacuum for car is covered with a filter wrap. It is designed to keep stable suction, extend the use life of the filter and avoid the clog of the filter sooner.
- ✔Innovative Design: The detachable dustcup head is good for quick and easy trash dumping, and you are ready right away to continue the rest of your work.
- ✔What You Get: This portable vacuum for cars is equipped with 3 different nozzles to meet all your needs. Besides, your order also comes with a carry bag to conveniently store and take along everything you need.
Our choice for a car vacuum
Most people like to keep their car nice and tidy, and this means vacuuming the carpets and upholstery in the car. While some people may simply grab their home vacuum or shop vacuum to clean their car, it doesn’t always get the carpets and upholstery as clean as it could be. The best thing you can do is find the best car vacuum for the job and keep it in the car for those unsuspected messes when you just need to clean the car. Not only is it a good investment, but you won’t have to pay to use the vacuum at the car wash ever again.
What to Look for in a Car Vacuum?
There are couple of things you can look for in a vacuum for your car to ensure you are getting something that is worth your hard earned money. First, you will want to ensure that it is easily portable. You don’t want to heft around a monster vacuum that will slow you down and make the already aggravating job of cleaning the car worse. Secondly, you want something with some real power to get the dirt out of the car and avoid having to go over it multiple times if possible. Generally something with at least 100 watts will do.
How to Choose the Perfect Car Vacuum for Your Vehicle
If you like to do your valet at home, owning a car vacuum will significantly reduce the time and effort you put into cleaning your car’s interior. It will also result in a far better clean than you can ever get using your household canister. But, with so many products on the market, choosing the best car vacuum can be a daunting task. To help you make an informed choice, we present five questions you should ask yourself before you start shopping and explore the key features of five of the best car vacuum cleaners on today’s market.
What Kind of Use Does Your Vehicle Get?
Is it a work vehicle that gets wet and muddy? Do you transport hairy pets? Do you have kids who spill chips and candy? Look for features and attachments that suit the purposes you use your vehicle for. If your car gets heavy duty use, the best car vacuum for you might be a wet/dry shop vac. If you mostly use it for Sunday drives then you can probably get away with a light handheld for occasional freshening up.
Do you Want to Use Your New Vac for Household or Garage Tasks Too?
It’s also worth considering the kind of use your car vac will get. Will you keep it in the car and use it solely for automotive cleaning? Or would you like it to double as a household dust buster? Do you want to be able to use it for cleaning up debris in your garage or work site? If your family is into camping trips, you can even buy models which can blow up air mattresses or water toys!
What Access to Power do you Have?
There are a range of power options for car vacuums: corded models which require a regular power outlet, models which plug into the cigarette lighter of your car or cordless battery powered models. The choice you make will depend on where you plan to vacuum your car, access to power and personal preference. If you clean your car in the garage, corded will do fine. If not, check the distance between your car and the nearest outlet or consider buying a battery powered model. If you plan to use your car vacuum as a household dust buster, the cigarette lighter models won’t do but if you want to use it out on the road, they are the perfect solution.
What is your Budget?
Car vacuums can cost anywhere between $20 and $200, so it’s a good idea to set a budget and shop within that. If you’re just looking to do regular light to medium cleaning, a cheaper model will do fine. But if your vehicle gets heavy duty use you may want to consider investing in a more robust model. The average price for a high quality, trusted model is around $60. It’s also worth looking into whether the manufacturer offers a warranty so that you can buy with confidence.
What do Other Customers Say About this Vacuum?
Once you know what you’re looking for and have got a model in mind, reading customer reviews can be a very useful way to gauge whether it’s really the best car vacuum for you. What is the average consumer rating? How many reviews has it received? Are there reviews from people with similar needs to your own? Sometimes the ratings can be skewed because of one or two whiny people (we all know that the internet’s famous for it!) so make sure you actually read the reviews instead of just glancing quickly at the ratings. Below, we’ve summarized the uses, features, price and ratings of five leading models to help you get started.
BLACK DECKER PIVOT VAC 18V CORDLESS PIVOTING HAND VAC PHV1810
– Best car vacuum for: regular light to medium cleaning of car upholstery and carpets, general household dust buster tasks.
– Accessories and features: on-board brush and crevice tools, washable filters, folds down for compact storage.
– Power type: cordless, powerful 18 volt battery, comes with charger and features an LED charge indicator light.
– Manufacturer’s warranty: 2 year limited warranty.
– Price range: $40 to $60.
– Amazon consumer rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars after nearly 2,500 reviews.
ARMORALL AA255 UTILITY WET DRY VACUUM 2.5 GALLON 2HP
– Accessories and features: deluxe car nozzle, crevice tool, detail brush, blower nozzle, auto shut off to prevent overflow.
– Power type: Regular household power outlet. 10 foot power cord.
– Manufacturer’s Warranty: 2 year limited warranty.
– Price range: $30 to $50.
– Amazon consumer rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars after close to 1,500 reviews (Number 1 Best Seller in wet/dry vacuums
BISSELL CLEANVIEW DELUXE CORDED HANDHELD VACUUM, 47R51
– Best car vacuum for: regular light to medium cleaning of car upholstery and carpets as well as household dust buster cleaning.
– Accessories and features: allergen reducing filtration, crevice tool, wide mouth tool, hose adapter and 2 foot hose.
– Power type: Regular household power outlet. 18 foot cord.
– Manufacturer’s Warranty: 1 year limited warranty.
– Price range: $30 to $50.
– Amazon consumer rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars after more than 500 reviews.
BLACK & DECKER PAD1200 FLEX AUTO VACUUM
– Accessories and features: cyclonic filtration, 4 foot flexible hose, flip out dusting brush and crevice tool, canvas bag for storage.
– Power type: 12 volt DC plug for car cigarette lighter.
– Manufacturer’s Warranty: can be requested from customer service.
– Price range: $40 – $60
– Amazon consumer rating: 3.8 out of 5 stars after 150 reviews (Number 1 Best Seller in car vacuums).
Carrand 94005AS Auto Spa Bagless Auto-Vac Hand-Held Vacuum
If you are looking for the best car vacuum on the market, then the Carrand 94005AS Auto Spa Bagless Auto-Vac Hand-Held Vacuum is probably right for you. This vacuum not only has everything you need in a car vacuum, but will provide you with something that you can use quickly and easily for full clean ups or simple touch up messes. You will first notice the convenient 12 foot power cord, then the multiple attachments to make getting into the small spaces easier, and the fact that it is bagless helps save a bit of money and makes cleaning it out easier. It also has a pivoting elbow to make getting between the seats so much easier without contorting yourself into an awkward position to get the vacuum in there. However what you cannot see on the outside is the 550 watts of power which will provide more than enough suction for any mess in your car. Only downfall of this vacuum is that since it has such a high wattage requirement, you will need to plug into an AC outlet and not into your vehicle for the best results.
Choosing the Best Car Vacuum for your Vehicle
A car vacuum will save you time and energy, and keep your car looking better than ever before. Choosing the right one for your vehicle is simply a matter of knowing what your needs are and shopping smart. Once you know your needs, your budget and what’s available, shopping for the best car vacuum is much easier and more fun. Hopefully this checklist will help you find one with the right features and the right price. Your car, and your family, will thank you for it!
4 tips on vacuuming your vehicle like a pro
It’s been a long summer’s week and now its weekend, finally. Why not plan a road trip with friends or your family, just to get that stress off your back and get the relaxing mode back on. The trip went amazing, the fun was memorable and the excitement beyond description. But what’s left now is your car after a weekend long return, all dusty and dirty, ready to be cleaned, much more ready to be vacuumed.
Vacuuming Like a Pro
Cleaning and vacuuming the car might seem a tiring and boring job, but while you are at it, you better do it the right way. Here are 4 cool tips to use your Car Vacuum in the best possible way.
The foremost and highly important thing is to choose a proper car vacuum cleaner. A low powered ordinary vacuum cleaner would leave all the dirt inside your car and all you effort would be good for nothing. I would recommend you go for a 100-Watt vacuum cleaner at least. More power would be even better.
Once we are done with the selection, take out all the garbage, bottles, cans or similar trash out of the car before starting the vacuum. Also place a simple towel between the door jamb of your car before putting the vacuum on. With High Power vacuums, the recoil is pretty strong and your vacuum hose could damage the paint and leave nasty scratches on the area of connection, if not taken care of.
Use soft hands
The trick is to vacuum wisely, not strongly. There is no need to pump your muscles while vacuuming. Use soft hands and blow the dirt out by attaching your vacuum hose to the vacuum outlet. An effective procedure is to toggle the power switch between ‘on’ and ‘off’ a couple of times to reduce the car vacuum pressure. This will make sure that the dirt that you blew did not fly over the vehicle. In fact it is falls near you so you could vacuum it up easily.
Brush the Carpet
Once you’ve run the vacuum through the carpet, it might look pretty clean to you. The thing that you might be missing is that most of the dirt in carpets gets trapped in the fibers. Use a fine brass brush and try to brush the dirt out of the carpet. Your strong arms might come in handy here. Once ample dirt comes out on top, run the car vacuum once again and get a neat and clean carpet.
For cracks or hard to reach areas, use a soft brush to extract debris out of them. Once out of the corners, use your car vacuum to suck it all up.
These were a few amazing tips for you to get you car back in shape after a rocking weekend with pals. Keep the pointers in mind but give special attention to the car vacuum you intend to use. It should be of decent strength and must be of good quality I would recommend you give Amazon.com a peak if you wish to select a top quality and long-lasting vacuum cleaner. Till next time, keep rocking and keep vacuuming.
Why you should skip the car wash vacuum and do it at home
With the economy still not firing on all cylinders worldwide, it behooves you to find ways you can save money on daily, weekly and monthly expenses. Buying an affordable car wash vacuum is a great place for starters. Thy typical family spends $30 at the car wash for each family vehicle. That kind of money could be saved and applied towards the kid’s college fund. Like Ben Franklin once said, every dollar saved is a dollar earned. Just by committing to buying a car wash vacuum, you can keep your money where it belongs, in the bank.
Washing the car at home is a fantastic activity to involve the kids, they love any opportunity to help mom and dad out. Why throw your hard-earned money away at the car wash for workers who vacuum your car at the speed of light. Getting your own car wash vacuum allows you to take your time to deep clean the vehicle. The car wash workers are practically working for peanuts and have to vacuum as quickly as is humanly possible so they can attend to the next vehicle. However, with your own car wash vacuum, you can apply a greater level of detail and attention.
Heading back to school is an opportunity to engage the kids on the weekend. Let the kids help you clean the family cars with your brand new car wash vacuum. Skip the car wash and imagine how much money you could save in a whole year. It adds up when you really begin to think about it, you are bound to kick yourself for not doing it much sooner.
No more frustration right after you pull out of the car wash only to watch your car dirty again within a day. With all the dirt that can attract your vehicle at every turn anywhere you go, it’s no wonder people get so frustrated. We totally get it, you want that clean looking car with that fresh-scented interior. Well before car washes came into existence, folks had to wash cars by themselves. This is a perfect opportunity for a throwback to the old days, you can vacuum your vehicle as well as anybody, if not much better. Take steps to preserve your car’s interior with the proper upkeep necessary. You can also retain more value in your vehicle via the right type of affordable maintenance.
One of the easiest ways to keep your car or truck looking sharp and clean on the inside is by vacuuming. So many people simply go through the quickie car washes at the gas station or do a quick hose down in their driveways. But, an important part of keeping your vehicle clean is vacuuming its carpets regularly to keep that fresh look.
Between tracked in mud and muck, spilled snacks and pet hair, your carpets endure a lot. But, when you have a high-quality car vacuum, you can easily keep your interior nice and clean. Buy your car vacuum today, you will be glad indeed.
METROPOLITAN VAC ‘N’ BLO COMPACT VACUUM
– Accessories and features: shoulder strap for comfortable carrying, 20 inch extension wand, inflation nozzle, blower nozzle, crevice tool, dusting brushes, micro-cleaning tool kit, pik-all tool, reusable filter bag.
– Power type: Regular household power outlet. 11 foot cord.
– Manufacturer’s Warranty: 1 year limited warranty.
– Price range: $180 to $200.
– Amazon consumer rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars after more than 100 reviews.
A Dyson car vacuum is a trivial top pick
Since Dyson’s debut they have worked toward becoming known as an innovative company that develops reliable machines for the home. They certainly have done a great job of developing vacuums. The Dyson car vacuum is not an exception to the rule.
The Dyson Car Vacuum is considered top of the line because it outperforms other vacuums in this arena. Like all of the Dyson vacuums this model does not rely on old style and technology. It is a modern wonder that can easily get the car clean, clean up quick messes in the kitchen or even do some double duty in the garage or shop.
Why It’s Best
The Dyson Handheld is more than just your ordinary car vacuum as a matter of fact it looks nothing like your ordinary car vacuum. It is built ergonomically so it is comfortable in your hand. The weight is evenly distributed so you do not experience the same fatigue that you do with other hand held options.
Of course we are talking about Dyson here so the ergonomic design is just one of the thoughtful things they considered when creating this model. How much power do you want? The Dyson car vacuum offers 3X’s the power of other handhelds.
A Word About Power
There is nothing worse than being in the middle of cleaning out the car or trying to pick up a quick mess and the vacuum dies because it is out of power. This handheld offers 20 minutes of continuous power and 17 minutes of additional suction power.
It is a leader in the industry when it comes to full on running time. When you choose the Dyson car vacuum you never have to worry about getting half way through the job and losing the charge. Speaking of charging, it is also super fast when it comes to recharging. You can be fully charged and ready to go in under 30 minutes.
Make The Choice
When you want a reliable handheld vacuum cleaner that is going to blow the competition away you want a Dyson car vacuum. It is versatile, comfortable to use, reliable and durable. It is the best option on the market when it comes to car vacuums.
Treat your car to a spa
There’s something nice about getting into a clean car. No gravel, cookie crumbs and pet hair on the seats; no sticky residue on your work clothes! Unfortunately, the hassle of using extension cords and lugging the household vacuum cleaner out into the drive means that car vacuuming often gets neglected. Today we take a look at three convenient car vacuum cleaners that can really treat your car to a spa!
Super Buy Auto Car Vacuum Cleaner Wet/Dry 12 Volt Portable High Power
- You can power it through the cigarette lighter in your car, meaning that it’s ready to go whenever you need it.
- Use it wet or dry: vacuum up mess and debris and then wash down the upholstery.
- A handy inflation socket makes it a great camping companion: use it to inflate air mattresses or water toys.
- You can buy one of these car vacuum cleaners for under $20.
- While it’s super light to carry, the canister is not as compact or easy to maneuver in small spaces as handheld models are.
Kensun Portable Handheld Bagless Car Vacuum Cleaner:
- It’s very lightweight to use so you can treat your car to a thorough clean without the elbow grease.
- There’s no fussing around with extension cords or battery chargers – it plugs right into your car’s cigarette lighter.
- It comes with a handy accessory bag so you can store it in your car for unexpected spills on the road.
- You can pick up one of these car vacuum cleaners for around $25.
- It’s great for quick clean-ups but does not have heavy duty suction power. If your car gets seriously dirty or you need to suck up large debris, you may want to invest in a more powerful model.
HOMETEK Professional 75W 12V DC Handheld Car Vacuum Cleaner
- It’s super quiet to use: a bonus when working within the confined space of your vehicle.
- Suitable for wet or dry use: you can give your car upholstery the full treatment by vacuuming and then shampooing.
- It features a handy crevice tool so that you can get into the tricky nooks and crannies of your car.
- The generous dust cup holds 75ml of liquid or 350ml of solid debris and is easy to empty and clean.
- With 75 watts of power, it’s able to handle tougher car cleaning jobs.
- It’s powered through the cigarette lighter so you can store it in the car and use it on the go.
- At around $60, it’s more expensive than the other car vacuum cleaners we’ve looked at today.
A cordless car vac is a must have and easy to use
Vacuuming your car shouldn’t mean running several extension cords together, lugging your household vacuum into the driveway and then tackling an unwieldy wand under the seats and over the dash. You can save yourself a whole lot of effort (and potential damage to your home vacuum cleaner!) by investing in a cordless car vacuum.
In this article, we take a look at a leading cordless car vacuum, the DEWALT DCV581H Cordless Wet/Dry vacuum, and answer a few frequently asked questions:
Is it Easy to Use?
This unit is very light and portable and there’s no need to fuss around with complex clips and hoses. You can just take it to where you need to clean, switch it on and start vacuuming. The 2 gallon dust/liquid receptacle is also simple to detach and empty.
How Versatile is it?
It’s designed to complete a wide range of cleaning tasks in your car, boat, garage and home. You can use it for wet and dry cleaning which means you can give your interior a full service with a single tool. It also has a blower function which is handy for cleaning boats and utility vehicles or around the work site.
Is it Convenient to Use?
You have the option of putting in an 18 or 20 volt battery and using it cordless or plugging it into a power outlet for corded use. Other convenient features include washable and reusable HEPA filters, on-board tools for easy access and a 5 foot, crush resistant hose so that you can easily get into tricky spots.
Can I Purchase with Confidence?
Yes. This isn’t a throw-away dust buster. DEWALT prides itself in making durable, effective tools and are so confident in the quality of this product that they offer a 3 year limited warranty.
What do Other Customers Say About it?
After over 300 customer reviews, this unit has an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com. Customers appreciate the convenience of being able to choose between corded or cordless operation and most are more than satisfied with the unit’s suction. A number of customers comment on its compact nature and find it really convenient to store in the car or boat for quick clean-ups on the work site.
Is This Model Right for Me?
If your vehicle gets heavy use and you need rugged cleaning power without having to fuss around with cords and power outlets, then this unit is a great option. It offers your vehicle a convenient and effective clean, whether you’re at home or on the road.
Portable car vacuums are very useful
Cleaning out your car can be a real hassle. It is full of nooks, crevices and tricky spots that your home vacuum is just not designed for. Investing in a high quality portable car vacuum will save you time, cut down on effort and result in a cleaner car than you thought possible. Many of them have a few other handy uses you might not have thought of, too! If you’re shopping for a portable car vac, here are a few features to look out for:
Is it lightweight and easy to hold?
If it’s not easy to use, you won’t use it. Full stop. Find a portable vacuum that’s ergonomically designed so that you can easily maneuver it into all of the spaces of your car.
Does it have consistent, powerful suction?
It may be small, but it doesn’t need to be weak. The best modern portable vacuums feature the same cyclonic suction and anti-clogging technology as the biggest commercial uprights. Choose a vacuum with suction powerful enough to pick up the dust, gravel and everything else that ends up in your car.
Does it have attachments for the upholstery, under the seats and on the dash?
Look for a vacuum with convenient on-board tools such as a dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice tool to help you effectively and efficiently clean every inch of your car. These tools will also make quick clean-ups in your garage or home easier.
Can it plug into your car cigarette lighter?
If you want to use your portable vacuum on the run then the most convenient option is one which plugs into your car’s cigarette lighter. Many top models offer a range of power options including battery, regular outlet or cigarette outlet so that you can choose the best option to suit the job.
Will it operate wet or dry?
If your car is a work vehicle, you need a heavy duty car vacuum. Look for one that’s built for both wet and dry cleaning.
Can it blow as well as suck?
Many portable car vacuums also have a blow function and attachment so you can use the to inflate your air mattress or water toys: great for family camping trips!
Can it be stored conveniently inside your car?
If you need a vacuum to take on the road with you, look for one that can be stored unobtrusively in your vehicle. Lots of top quality models come with a handy storage bag so that you can take it wherever you need to go and you’ll never lose the tools or attachments.
Auto Vacuum – 5 things to look for when deciding to buy a car vac
No doubt the more trips you undertake with your vehicle, the dirtier it becomes. Dirt from our apparels (shoes in particular) always finds a way of depositing itself to the mats and floors of our cars. In addition, crumbs, other debris and even pet hairs accumulate on the cracks of our vehicles. More so, if you are raising kids, the dirt accumulates faster.
So, you have probably concluded you need an auto vacuum cleaner to remove most of the dirt. Auto vacuum cleaners are a great way to clean our vehicles and keep it as neat as can be expected. However, before dashing out to purchase the next available auto vacuum, do you exactly know the things to look out for when purchasing an auto vacuum? You don’t want to regret your purchase afterwards. So, you have to make sure the auto vacuum you finally purchase gives you value for your money.
That said, here are the 5 things to look out for when purchasing an auto vacuum.
More than Just an Auto Vacuum
The thing is, in the long-run, the auto vacuum you finally purchase might serve other purposes in your living space. What this means is that your car will not be the only thing you might need the vacuum for. So when purchasing an auto vacuum, make sure the sales person provide you with a vacuum you can use for cleaning your car as well as other purposes for keeping your living-space clean.
Good auto vacuum cleaners effortlessly suck up any dirt that are lying on the floor mat of your car as well as your seats and other little cracks that dirt can easily hide. You need an auto vacuum with a lot of power. This enables the vacuum to be able to suck up the tiniest of dirt in the crack and crannies of your car. Many auto vacuum cleaners have very strong engine that enables it pick up any dirt, even the stubborn ones. Ask for an auto vacuum with a lot power.
You don’t want to purchase an auto vacuum that you would be struggling to clean each time you want to clean it. Cleaning your device makes it operate better as well as lasts longer. Don’t purchase a complex device just because you like the look of it!
When purchasing an auto vacuum, look for one with many accessories. This will help when it comes to cleaning every possible nook and cranny of any vehicle. Getting a device that comes with a large hose allows for enough airflow within the device. In addition, important accessories like various types of nozzles will help reach every part of the interior of your car. Crevice tool and brush tool will help reach the tight spots and suck up difficult debris respectively. Get an auto vacuum with all these accessories and a lot more.
Auto vacuum design
The model auto vacuum cleaner design must be portable as well as have lightweight (2 pounds). Most cleaners also come with a handle that makes it very comfortable to hold the cleaner. In addition, you might consider an auto vacuum that is very compact if you are always on the road and would like to stow it away in your car trunk.
There you have it, the 5 things to look for when purchasing an auto vacuum.
Car Vacuums – Best of the Best Car Vacs Right Here
When it comes to keeping your car clean, there is just something to be said for an amazing car vacuum. Car vacuums will not only easily remove the dirt, but possess multiple attachments and functions that will make your life easier. We have all seen people drag out their upright vacuum out to the driveway or garage and attempt to clean out their car. All the while as we watch they are twisting and contorting to get into the crevices in the car as the upright slams into the sides of their vehicle. If you are one of these people, you know who you are.
Black & Decker PAV1200W 12-Volt Cyclonic-Action Automotive Pivoting-Nose Handheld
When it comes to the best of the best, you can’t go completely wrong with a Black & Decker. This handheld vacuum not only works at cleaning out your car properly, but will provide you with many amazing features that helped put it on our list of the best. First it can plug into your cigarette lighter for power, making clean ups on the go that much easier. It also has a few attachments that will provide you with ease of use while cleaning and eliminate some of the frustration of cleaning the car. Finally it has a pivoting nose to make getting into those tight spaces easier which will help eliminate the need to contort yourself into a pretzel.
Carrand 94005AS Auto Spa Bagless Auto-Vac Hand-Held Vacuum
If you are looking for something with a touch more power but will still allow you to travel with it, then this Carrand vacuum is one of the car vacuums you should consider. It has the attachments, and is easily portable from one place to another, but it also offers more power than the vacuums that plug into your car. The Carrand 94005AS offers 550 Watts of power to help you clean your car efficiently and effectively. It is also bagless to save you money and empty quickly on the go.
While there are many car vacuums out there on the market today, be sure that you purchase something with enough power. About 100 watts is highly recommended, but the higher, the better. Simply consider what is the most important to you in terms of function and go for it. Just keep in mind what you will sacrifice for each feature.