Our Top 10 Recommendations for Refurbished Vacuums
Up-to-date pricing and reviews for refurbished vacuums on the market
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes a 90 day manufacturer warranty
- Save time by vacuuming debris and steaming hard floors at the same time! You can also vacuum or steam separately
- Put away the dirty mop and bucket and skip the harsh chemicals. Sanitize with steam, using just water to eliminate 99.9% of germs and bacteria*
- Easy to use with Easy Touch Digital Controls, 5-way adjustable handle, and Quick-Release Mop Pad Tray
- Dry Tank Technology keeps your tank dry while you steam
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, includes all original accessories, and a 6 month Dyson limited warranty against original defects in materials & workmanship; warranty covers private household use in accordance with the owner's manual
- Cord-free. Hassle-free. The most powerful suction
- Up to 40 minutes of powerful suction (up to 25 minutes with motorized floor tool attached). Trigger releases instantly. Battery power is only used for cleaning.. Customers must charge their V8 for a minimum of 4 hours prior to it being functional
- Whole machine HEPA filtration captures allergens and expels cleaner air than the air you breathe
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V8, it creates the most powerful cordless vacuum
- This Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by a manufacturer or specialized third-party seller approved by Amazon The product is backed by a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic brown or white box
- Strongest suction of any vacuum*. Even more power for tough tasks
- Self-adjusting cleaner head Seals in suction across carpet, wood, vinyl, and tile floors
- Hygienically empty the bin with the push of a button
- Whole-machine HEPA filtration ensures allergens and bacteria are captured and trapped
- Cleans all floor types - The Auto-Adjust cleaning head automatically adapts is height to keep the Multi-Surface Brushes in close contact with different floor surfaces, effectively cleaning carpets and hard floors
- Patented Aero Force 3-Stage Cleaning System uses tangle-free multi-surface brushes and power-lifting Suction with 5x the air power to pull in embedded dirt, debris, and pet hair from wherever it hides (compared to Roomba 600 & 700 series robots)
- Schedule up to 7x a week to keep floors cleaner every day or just press CLEAN and Roomba gets to work
- Automatically docks and recharges; bin full indicator
- iAdapt navigation offers a full suite of intelligent sensors that guide the robot under and around furniture to help thoroughly clean all your floors
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- Ultra-lightweight. At under 8 pounds, it converts into a hand vac for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning.
- Dust-Away hard floor attachment + 1 washable microfiber pad. Picks up large debris and fine dust from bare floors.
- Fingertip controls to easily switch from hard floor to carpet.
- Swivel Steering. Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture.
- A Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by a manufacturer or specialized third-party seller approved by Amazon. All products are backed by a minimum 90-day warranty
- Duo Clean Technology features a bristle brush to deep clean carpets, and an additional soft brush roll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look
- With the touch of a button, Powered Lift-Away Technology allows you to lift the canister away and deep clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brush roll spinning
- Features Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Fingertip controls allow for easy powering on/off and quick transition between hard floor and carpet mode
- With the push of a button, lift-away technology allows you to lift the canister away and easily clean in hard-to-reach areas
- The air-driven pet brush removes stubborn pet hair from furniture and upholstery
- Features anti-allergen complete seal technology and a heap filter to trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Brush roll shutoff allows you to easily switch between carpet and bare floor cleaning
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- Intelligently optimizes suction and run time across all floor types. The right balance of power and run time when you need it.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time. Engineered for larger homes with pets. Actual run time will vary based on power mode, floor type and/or attachments used.
Pros & Cons of Buying a Refurbished Vacuum
A vacuum cleaner is an essential household object that everyone needs, but not everyone considers in terms of price point. Therefore, the decision of whether to buy a brand new unit or to purchase a refurbished one is something that many don’t take the proper time to recognize.
Like all household appliances, this is a product which will need to be used on a weekly basis for multiple years. Perhaps it might seem like the better option to purchase the cheapest vacuum available on the market and call it a day (which people often do), however the major flaw of this is an obvious one, cheap products are often cheap quality. There’s no money being saved while buying a unit that doesn’t clean properly or even worst, breaks down after a month of use.
Another major flaw when it comes to purchasing refurbished products is you have limited resources to know if there’s anything wrong with the unit until it arrives at your house. This is not necessarily something to blame the distributor for, perhaps they themselves might not know, however it is certainly a risk worth considering.
The major upside of purchasing a brand new vacuum is that they will often come with up to a year warranty meaning nearly full coverage in the event that the product fails to perform its duties, which is vitally important for those who enjoy peace of mind. The downside of course, is that it’s incredibly difficult to find a brand new product within the price range of a refurbished one, making the decision a cost versus quality one.
If you are looking for some of the best quality vacuum units that money can buy, both the iRobot Roomba and that Dyson DC50 Ball Compact Upright Vacuum are two of the best on the market. Both of these will get the job done without a problem. You would certainly get what you paid for with either option.
However for those looking to save a bit of cash, the Hoover UH72600RM is also quite the contender. This is a bagless vacuum meaning less mess when emptying the container and no rips in the event that your vacuum picks up a thumb tack and tears the bag (it happens).
The vacuum also has a Multi-Floor Brushroll which can be turned on for carpet and hardwood at the press of a pedal, making smaller debris easy to pile together for easy removal. There’s plenty of options out there, and the best advice that can be provided is to ensure you have done your research beforehand.